Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks fer the tips...
I gotta friend on the RancheroUSA site who lives in Colorado Springs who`ll give us the "Royal treatment"...
Our guide to Pikes Peak, I hope your suggestion & Cripple Creek are on the agenda too...
She keeps us informed on weather on the mountain range she can see from her home ~ however, I`ve not heard her mention the trolly???
Dennis

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dennis be sure you check out the needles highway and spearfish canyon both are very beautiful. I am going out there for my 1 year anniversary the 25th through the 28th of August.

·
Registered
839 Posts
The entire Black Hills area is a wonderful place to ride, i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

If you can swing the time, you might consider running through Yellowstone while you're at it. Another beautiful area not that far away.

Have a great time, and ride safe.

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
As the clock ticks away days, the time draws near...
In my case, it`s seconds ~ Very SLOW Secconds being ticked away!!! ;)
I`m lucky to have a "Sturgis Guide" or Veteran if you prefer, to show us what he has seen and done in his several trips to the Black Hills...
I knew he usually goes, but, when I asked Dan if he was going to attend this year, his answer was NO... :(
When I told him I`m going with a friend, he changed his mind... :)

I`ve a couple more items on the Bike to tend to,
1) change oil @ 80, 000 miles...
2) TCLOCS list is mandatory before any long distance ride
3) repair a bracket on the windshield mount
4) find out the reason my auxillary Horn didn`t have good connection saturday...
5) Ride with one of the travelers I ain`t rode with yet

Gotta GO, cain`t sit here all day, I got work to do!!!
Dennis
Sturgis Run = one week away

·
Registered
23 Posts
I`m surprized NOT to see much talk on this VERY popular annual event amoungst HSN members...
I`ve beena reading and hearing stories about this event all of my adult life...
As have I captain. I've always thought that to be a, pardon my french, Harley, event. At least it used to be. Bike week in Daytona has always been geared toward all bikes (pun intended).

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This is the first "Harley event" comment I remember ever hearing...
But I own one, so I reckon I`m allowed to enter into the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally goings on???
ABATE Social Hour on the 13th is in my plans, we (ABATE) are made up of ALL makes of motorcycle riders and fight fer ALL motorcycle riders rights...
I got a couple things on my list accomplished yesterday;
#3) windshield bracket replaced**
#4) Horn working good now!!! Bad Ground was the culprit**
I got a "SKEERED" feeling saturday, when I punched the horn button and just the one stock horn was working, I told the guys I was riding with that , "that SCARED ME!!!"
I sure ain`t wanting to be "out there" with out the LOUD horn in operation...
#1) I`m Still 200 miles away from the schedule on the oil change, got the oil, filter and I`ll put them miles on this weekend~ which will take care of #5) hopefully...
Can Y`all answer this???
Where does the air outta your tires go ???
Sometimes when I check pressure it`s down a few clicks???
Antsy,
Dennis
T -6 days

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is the first "Harley event" comment I remember ever hearing.........
Where does the air outta your tires go ???
Sometimes when I check pressure it`s down a few clicks???
Well, back in the 80's-90's I remember it being heavy on the Harley's, probably because that was when they regained popularity, for whatever reason. Everyone I know that went, went on a HD.

The air, under pressure, escapes back into the atmosphere. I'd say you've got a rim leak or possible worn shrader valve. Get it fixed before you ride those hundreds of miles. You don't want to miss that 'Royal Treatment' from your friend in Colorado...:wink::wink:

·
Registered
542 Posts
The entire Black Hills area is a wonderful place to ride, i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

If you can swing the time, you might consider running through Yellowstone while you're at it. Another beautiful area not that far away.

Have a great time, and ride safe.

I will be riding from LA to Sturgis and spending 3 days and nights in Yellowstone, finally. I have ridden through the park enroute to other places - Glacier or sturgis etc and never stopped to smell the bear scat. Going to swim in firehole canyon....if it isn't too cold, etc. Everyone should visit this amazingly beautiful National Park. And the best part is that CaptainD and I will be meeting up in Sturgis for a cup of tea.

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I got your # You have mine...
We`ll be in the area Sunday thru Friday night then head to Pikes Peak saturday...
We gotta lot to see!!!
See ya there,
Dennis
Come ON Friday!!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts