Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, so I got full exhaust all set of Vance & Hines on my 2009 Honda Shadow 750 it is carbureted and my dad thinks when he wrote it that when I first bought it that he thinks that there had something work done on it if it was probably jetted but I did take my bike to the dealership and they inspected everything and asked me if I plan on buying a jet dino kit or something like that for the carburetors and I just said no but the technician did ask if I was going to put on a different aftermarket air filter and what types of air filters can go on the sides I don't want one of those big ass cones laugh out loud I just want something like small like on the Harleys and is it easy to do and how do you do that cuz I know you got to take off the stock one thanks for your replies everyone ride safe out there.

·
Registered
'83 VT750C
1,044 Posts
I would get the bike running better as it is, first. Once you mess with the air intake, you have to do a LOT of playing around and adjusting to make it run right.

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
Air, Fuel, Exhaust. ...As a package they can make a real difference in throttle response, and you might see a tiny-bit of performance increase for balancing everything out right, on a Shadow. A good dyno tune will get the best out of the bike, but you wouldn't notice any huge increases in power output, just a much tighter throttle response.

Of course, balancing everything out - getting the best out of your bike - might actually be quite-noticeable depending how far your bike is already down the rabbit hole before you tune it.

Imbalance between air, fuel, and exhaust causes performance imbalance. Adding a new exhaust without balancing out the air and fuel reduces back pressure, so can make the bike a little sluggish off the line - that kinda thing. You - might notice a more elastic throttle-response off the line for just changing out the pipes.. Generally, nothing too drastic though.

Usually people can get away with changing out pipes. But other than a louder bike, there's not much in the way of benefit for it.

Something else to keep in mind. Some of these high-flow air filters allow a little more in the way of atmospheric debris pass through the filter. They're not ideal for overly dusty environments. So, if you plan on doing the Dakar Rally on your Shadow 750.. 'Might want to keep that in mind. :0)

Reactions: CSRoad
1 - 3 of 3 Posts