Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
dutch redneck said:
What is the general concensus on the A/F setting on a rejetted Spirit 1100 with V/H classic ii exhaust? Thanks
Start at 2.5 and increase in 1/4 turn increments until the decel popping stops - if you get past 3.5 - you will need to use some silcone rubber in the adjustment hole so the needle doesn't back out anymore.....and subsequently fall out.

When I added my pipes and jet kit I test rode the bike no decel pop so I left them alone (however the soft plug was missing so they have been adjusted at some point - but to what I don't know - didn't want to mess with perfection.... :wink: ).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hopefully, you can get rid of idle roughness or decel poping by adjusting your A/F screws as cbjr0256 recommended. My experience has been that most rejet kits do not include one size larger pilot jets for your primary circuit. They supply main jets and needles but not the pilots. I highly recommed installing larger pilots as they should clear up the decel popping and richen your primary circuit which is better for your engine than a lean primary circuit.

bloody hand

·
Registered
31 Posts
cbjr said it right.
You might make a note of your current pilot jet positions, counting turns as you take them down to light contact with the seat. Do that before you make any adjustments and you'll know where you were if you want to go back.

·
Registered
590 Posts
dutch redneck said:
What is the general concensus on the A/F setting on a rejetted Spirit 1100 with V/H classic ii exhaust? Thanks
First, Welcome to the Forum. :wink: I have V&H Classic II`s on my 02 1100, running stock air, no re-jet, and have A/F out 3 1/2 turns and have O popping on decel. I get 45 to 48 MPG any way I ride. I have no flat spots at all. Like has been said, work out from seat 1/4 turn til get get there. :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts