Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I"ve slowly been turning my 1100 Spirit into more of a touring bike with all of the add-ons I've put on it. As usual they don't makea lot of extras for the Honda Shadow like they do some of the other bikes.

I think it's VWFarm that has the faring on his bike and I love that. Wish I was handy enough to install something like that.

Has anybody tried installing something like the following air vents on their shadow. Not only function but I love the looks of them. Please let me know how much work you think it would take to make them work.

http://www.cyclegiant.com/pgroup_descrip/2654/4661/?mode=image

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I made a pair of adjustable lowers that mount on my crashbars. I got the idea here, when everyone was mounting lowers on the forks to prevent the dreaded buffeting from under the windshield. After taking long trips, I happen to notice the updraft from under the windshield was coming up from the sides of the tank. So that's where I needed to have the deflectors mounted.
I took a pair of air deflectors that are made to mount on the front frame tubes (I forget the site, you have to do a search) and fabricated mounted and clamps so they would deflect the updraft around the tank. And in the summer, when it gets a little too warm out, I can adjust them while riding to scoop air at me and stay cool.
If your into doing that same kind of fabrication, I can email photos of mine to you. >PD<

1 - 2 of 2 Posts