Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to remove my AIS on my bike('13 Phantom) and was wondering if I can or not? I've seen block plates for the carb'd motors but haven't read anything about fuel injection. I've read it's not a problem with carb'd motors if you do exhaust. Anyone have a idea?

This is the AIS on my bike.

This is the vlx 600 block plates to give you a idea of what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
6,325 Posts
You have an Automatic Identification System on you bike?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Air injection system? Im sure.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Put the plates on my 2010 VT1300 which was fuel injected. Did it to reduce the exhaust popping with Cobra pipes. Had no problems.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Put the plates on my 2010 VT1300 which was fuel injected. Did it to reduce the exhaust popping with Cobra pipes. Had no problems.
Thats what I wanted to hear, I heard it reduced the popping as welll. Where'd you order your plates?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have a VTX with aftermarket exhaust. The popping was a big problem until I disabled the (PAIR on this bike) system.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I like the minimal popping on decel. If you hear too much on an injected motor, you're dumping fuel when the injectors should be off.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I removed everything. Cleaned up the area and made it easier to access for valve check.

·
Registered
17,903 Posts
I`m lost... ;)

I`ve read quite a bit on EFI since I`m going that route on my Ranchero., but do not remember anything on AIS???
Many sensors in a system, but ain`t got a clue...
There you have it, I admit I`m lost...

No helpful addition to this conversation, so I`ll just read...

Merry Christmas
Ann & Dennis

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I`m lost... ;)

I`ve read quite a bit on EFI since I`m going that route on my Ranchero., but do not remember anything on AIS???
Many sensors in a system, but ain`t got a clue...
There you have it, I admit I`m lost...

No helpful addition to this conversation, so I`ll just read...

Merry Christmas
Ann & Dennis
Its basically an emissions fooling system that injects fresh air, nothing but pure BS that was added in lieu of EPA regulations on motor vehicles.

not essential to the function of a fuel injection system.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you get the block off plates with the dimple you do not have to remove the reed valves.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts