Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,116 Posts
The first step would be to replace the burned out bulb in the rear. Then put standard bulbs in the front. If all works then just do the diode fix. Oh yeah,,,get rid of the load resisters, they negate the benefit of the power savings of LED’s.

I just bought some diodes at Radio Shack and soldered them in, no need to spend extra money for the same thing wrapped in plastic with general instructions. There is plenty of info on the forum to do this, that is where i got the info to do it about four years ago.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KCochran and h13man

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,116 Posts
Question...when all the bulbs are replaced on the bike this lightens the electric need/load on the charging system. Since the regulator sends excess voltage to ground which also equals heat, isnt this hard on the reg/rectifier?
I changed just the brake and rear turns and added rear running to try to bring the system closer to factory load specs. Is my thinking correct?
I looked into this a good bit before changing my bulbs to LED. I simply added the wattage for all of the stock bulbs, including the headlight, and even the intermittent bulbs (turn signals, high beam indicator and TS indicator) for the stock incandescent bulbs. Then did the same for all the LED bulbs. There was enough of a difference that I was able to add an auxiliary set of tail/brake lights, two LED fog lights and two LED driving lights to my bike. Since the driving and fog lights would not be on at the same time I only counted them once.

This was the simplest way for me to compare the loads and I have had no issues for six years.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts