Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
So I have been putting off this issue for a while. We are almost roadworthy except for the dang blinkers. I had led in the front and regular bulbs in the back, the right rear bulb was blown, so when I turned on right blinker only right front would work. By turning on left blinker ( led in front, bulb in rear) all working blinkers, except blown rear right bulb, would flash a normal flash, not fast, normal speed. I have swapped the flasher relay for a custom LED elfr-1 led flasher relay. I have also tried putting inline led load equalizers to no avail. At this point I might just mount painted flashlights on to use as blinkers. If anyone has any advice or can point me in the right direction it would be very appreciated.
So I have been putting off this issue for a while. We are almost roadworthy except for the dang blinkers. I had led in the front and regular bulbs in the back, the right rear bulb was blown, so when I turned on right blinker only right front would work. By turning on left blinker ( led in front, bulb in rear) all working blinkers, except blown rear right bulb, would flash a normal flash, not fast, normal speed. I have swapped the flasher relay for a custom LED elfr-1 led flasher relay. I have also tried putting inline led load equalizers to no avail. At this point I might just mount painted flashlights on to use as blinkers. If anyone has any advice or can point me in the right direction it would be very appreciated.
You’ve probably got this sorted out by now. Not sure if this will help or not, I had similar issues with mine only it was the back lights that were acting crazy. First off, I discovered that I’m a little colour blind and had mixed up a connection when I wired mine it. Props to my six year old son for pointing out what I couldn’t see. While doing this I also had the fronts disconnected nothing worked right. Once I reconnected all the fronts, and had corrected the wiring mishap in the rear the system worked perfectly. I would say replace the bulb for a start it may be disrupting the way the circuit operates. Like having the fronts undone in my case. Failing that, check all the connectors.
I figured mine out with little pain and I have limited experience with such things.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts