Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<rant> Today was a lucky day for me. The first time I almost bit it, it was the concrete. I was entering a turn, right turn and uphill, at about 15 mph when my front tire hit some loose sand, which was added for traction. I just kept going and straightened out and kept riding through (and into the nonexistant traffic in the other lane).

The second time the it was a bumper to some small truck. He couldn't have been able to see in his mirrors, I couldn't see him no matter where I placed myself. He came over quickly with his rear tires parallel to my front. I just moved to the right of the lane (he came from the left), hit the brakes and the horn and let him on his way. He missed by a good 10 ft. by the time I had stopped braking. The Harley rider that was behind me shot the driver a death glare when he passed the truck. I tried to , but I have a full face with a dark smoke shield, so I doubt he saw anything at all. I have doubts as to whether he could see over the dash :) It was like papa smurf driving a semi.... but the truck was only a s10 or something like that.

Oh well, the fates were out to mess with me today... and my God pulled me through (no, I dont care what you believe in, its my story and my beliefs that count :) ) </rant>

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Inches or miles, a miss is a miss.
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Sometimes the close ones get you back into a better riding frame of mind.

Glad you dodged em.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I think he got me into a worse mind set, I was calm and paying attention before he missed me... then I was a little mad, no so good for riding. The sand wasn't a big deal, but I puckered a little when the front slid a very little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.