Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 19 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
I understand the need to tinker with stuff, but why not just buy a bike that fit her in the first place? Riding is always a lot more enjoyable when you're on a comfortable bike that fits you just right.

V/R

SWOCS (ret)

· Registered
376 Posts
That's a valid question. I started out with a Virago 250. It fit her alright. Good little commuter bike for around town. At that stage of the game she had just begun to ride. She told me that she was planning on riding it on our Colorado trips. Not a Virago 250. Not a trip that long. I said "No Honey a little bike like that wouldn't be appropriate for a long trip like that." The next step was to go shopping. The Shadow is a bike large enough to tackle a 2400 mile trip carrying one person and a little baggage, yet still small and light enough for a small person to handle. Found one in a dealership. Like new. Favorite color. Good price. The rest is history.
Did you do a lot of shopping around? I'm the opposite, I'm a bit taller than many and it took a lot of bike sitting to find a couple that I really wanted to spend time on. My lady is fairly average sized but it still took her sitting on almost every bike made before we found one for her. One little nugget we learned is not to pay attention to internet specs when shopping. One bike was listed as having a higher seat height than another, but when sitting, the taller one actually allowed her to flat foot it better than the other. Either way, I hope you have success.

V/R

SWOCS(ret)

1 - 2 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.