Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a "Alpinestars Winter Touring Balaclava Adult Street Motorcycle Helmet Accessories - Black/One Size" from Amazon. Very happy with it. The head covering is thin nylon, so it doesn't affect the way your helmet fits. Nose and mouth area is vented so you don't fog up your shield. The lower part below the chin is plenty long allowing it to tuck under your jacket and is double lined for maximum warmth. There's an adjustable cord, I haven't figured out a use for it. Glad I bought it. Prior to buying this I would have to use a neckerchief over my face and a neck gaitor to ride in cold temps. Neckerchiefs typically make me fog my face shield. I haven't had that issue with this balaclava.

Highly recommend/

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that's the exact one. Alpinestars is a legit company that manufactures quality products. I'm sure folks can find cheaper Chinese knock-off for a lower price but I'll take Alpinestars any day of the week. Thanks for the link.

Reactions: Ptree

· Registered
44 Posts
I recently got this to keep my chinny-chin-chin warm and am very happy with it. My helmet fits snugly, so I don't really have room for extra material, but with this down at my chin, my neck is covered and warm.
Outerwear Neck Headgear Grey Woolen
I see it is currently out of stock; I must've gotten one of the last they had.
"B BINMEFVN Motorcycle Neck Warmer Winter Neck Cover Gaiter Half Face Mask Windproof and Keep Warm for Men Women"

· Registered
1997 Honda Shadow ACE VT1100C2
397 Posts
I live in Southern California and I use a full faced helmet. When it gets "cold" a HDX Home Depot spray sock suits me just fine. How cold does it get where you guys live?

· Registered
'97 Spirit 1100 - Chandler, AZ
654 Posts
I recently got this to keep my chinny-chin-chin warm and am very happy with it. My helmet fits snugly, so I don't really have room for extra material, but with this down at my chin, my neck is covered and warm.
View attachment 305718 I see it is currently out of stock; I must've gotten one of the last they had.
"B BINMEFVN Motorcycle Neck Warmer Winter Neck Cover Gaiter Half Face Mask Windproof and Keep Warm for Men Women"
Kinda looks like cousin Eddy's mock turtleneck from Christmas Vacation! ;)
Sorry - Couldn't help myself!
Happy Flower Arranging Christmas tree Event Fun

· Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in Southern California and I use a full faced helmet. When it gets "cold" a HDX Home Depot spray sock suits me just fine. How cold does it get where you guys live?
It was 12 degrees this morning when I went on my run. Probably won't get over 50 all day. Yep, that's Fahrenheit. I'll take the bike in to town later today as I need something small from the hardware store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts