Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently replaced my regulator/rectifier with the MOSFET upgrade on my 1100C2. I also finished installing my new stator tonight, I'm planning on connecting all the wiring between the r/r and the stator tomorrow and bolting the r/r back into place. On my bike the new regulator was a little too big to fit back in the stock mounting holes so I had to fab up a plate to relocate it about 1/2" down. This works but I don't like something hanging down under my bike lower than what was there before, especially a $100 part. Has anyone relocated their regulator successfully on one of these bikes? I've seen it done on others but these Shadows (at least mine) are very tight. I think it would be nice to get it up and out of the way but the only place I can think of is under the rear swingarm in front of the back wheel.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Yes, I also had to mount my Mosfet regulator lower about 1/2" with a small piece of metal for a mounting bracket. It does hang lower then the stock position, but not enough to be concerned about in my opinion.
(Yours may be a little different model than mine)
You could fabricated an L-shaped bracket to mount it horizontally to keep it from hanging down too low, if your concerned about hitting something with it.
I just can't seem to find another location that would work for mine without some major surgery to the bike. Maybe some day I will upgrade to a smaller type battery and mount mine where the bottom of the old T-battery was. That might work.
I just won't be jumping any curbs anytime soon!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I also had to mount my Mosfet regulator lower about 1/2" with a small piece of metal for a mounting bracket. It does hang lower then the stock position, but not enough to be concerned about in my opinion.
(Yours may be a little different model than mine)
You could fabricated an L-shaped bracket to mount it horizontally to keep it from hanging down too low, if your concerned about hitting something with it.
I just can't seem to find another location that would work for mine without some major surgery to the bike. Maybe some day I will upgrade to a smaller type battery and mount mine where the bottom of the old T-battery was. That might work.
I just won't be jumping any curbs anytime soon!
Yeah, the last thing I would want to do is put a SMALLER battery on my bike! If I could I would have a car battery on there.
The curb jumping is a legit concern of mine. I do that quite often. I think I'll make a way to hang it horizontally under the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.