Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a driver's backrest from an E-bay store for $99. After the install I realized that it seamed too soft and really flexed alot when I leaned into it. When I got the box there was a business card included so I called the number and spoke to the owner. I explained the flexing issue and told him that I am taller and heavier than an average guys so that is probably a big part of the problem.
He offered to remake the base with a thicker gauge metal to take out most of the flex but still leaving a little (all of the metal is powder coated too). He then said he would make the top bracket with a 1" offset to the back to give me more room. He asked if there was anything else I had isse with. I asked him if the shape I got , rounded on the top, was the only shape cuz it felt like I was falling off to either side and really liked the idea of a more square backreast. He said he would do that too then send it to me with a return label in the box for the old one.
This guy was friendly, made no excuses, and went out of his way to totally make me a custom backrest and didn't even ask for me to pay more shipping. He could have just said "thats how we make 'em".
Anyone looking for a backreast might look him up at grasshopperunlimited.com .
I like to see the good ones get more business.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dude....I am so glad that there are people like him out there.....What the **** is wrong with people these days trying to rip people off ???? We need to be proud of our products and be ready to back our Shiet up !

+1 Trillion for him !

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I looked him up and all I can find is a consultation service Put a link to one of his listings so we can see his stuff

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
750Ace of Clubs found it. Thanks for figuring that out and making it right. I guess thats what I get for going by my old guy memory.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello zingerdude.
I understand that you are asked to remake this product. Seller responsive.
I really like the driver's back, but in Russia we did not buy it. Return the driver back to rework it will be too high a price for me.
I'm also not small.
Maybe I'll tell them about you. And the seller can make a similar back to me. For my size.
You can find out your height, weight? I hope you're not shy.)))
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I like the way they look and want to get one, however it looks like they don't make one for the AERO.

I have an 04 Aero 750 and looking @ the picture on his website, the ACE 750 stock seat looks a lot like the AERO stock seat.

Probably different bolt patterns or something.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
I like the way they look and want to get one, however it looks like they don't make one for the AERO.

I have an 04 Aero 750 and looking @ the picture on his website, the ACE 750 stock seat looks a lot like the AERO stock seat.

Probably different bolt patterns or something.
The bolt patterns of the ACE 750 and Aero 750 are NOT the same. I have owned both of these bikes and can attest to this fact.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad that this is getting some attention. I bet for Steeve725 that he can work out someting for you. Is there a link on his site to ask him questions? Let me see if I can find that card again...if not the old card I bet there will be another card in the new box. I should be getting that any day now.
And for Mr. Malina in Russia...I am 6'5" and my weight ranges between 250 - 260 pounds

·
Registered
180 Posts
im sure if you asked for a make/model that they didnt have, they would consider making it. they basically made zinger a completely custom backrest.
Well. It looks as though I might be out of luck with grasshopperlimited.

I emailed them about a driver backrest for my 04 aero and I never heard from them, nothing.

I was wanting to get a driver backrest, and possibly an adjustable one and like their price, but will keep looking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts