Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up today in Baton Rouge.
2007 HD VRSC Night Rod Special
Got it home and took the windshield off and the Dynojet stickers from the previous owner.
Got a buyer for the Shadow, hopefully this week.
And now it's time to leave a black streak halfway across town. :shock:

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
CONGRATS! It looks good!Nice color choice!
Glad you did not post a thumbnail:p
Have fun, ride safe...ish:p
Coop

·
Registered
680 Posts
Congrats dude, sweet bike, much better looking than the new VRODs. I dig the all black with the red on the wheels, very cool. Only thing I don't care for about the VRODs are the stock pipes and the headlight cover, other than that they're nice bikes. Seems like more and more riders here are switching over to HD, one day I hope to do the same.

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1300R
1,079 Posts
Nice bike! Though, it does look like you are stretching a bit to reach the pegs. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's my buddy riding it home. I let him ride it halfway back so he could check it out since I had all day to ride it. I'm prolly meeting up with Nuncles in a bit to let him check it out. I'm about an inch taller than my friend so it fits me a little better.

All in all, it's exactly what I was looking for. I was debating on the new Stryker. A more aggressive looking power cruiser. Looking for some bigger used Hondas in Baton Rouge I ran across this and the price was right. Under 10K and in MINT condition. So it's a little less than the other bikes I was looking at. Plus I got a 2 year warranty from the dealership that's unlimited except for maintenance. So it's a BIG plus since I know these Vrods are the black sheep of Harley.

All in all, I'm not married to any brand, and don't like the whole Harley stigma either. This bike fit my wants/needs. More power, a power cruiser, a bigger back seat area for my gf, and blacked out all ready from the factory. AND it was about 2K under the NADA. I'd still ride my Shadow if I was going on a longer trip. The stance on this thing isn't for everyone and it isn't for long hauls.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a pretty solid bike. Turns are bit of a change because of the wheelbase and the 240 rear tire. But I've read that once you learn how to handle the bike and give it what it needs it's pretty forgiving.

The clutch is SUPER strong. My left hand is getting sore already. Luckily finding neutral isn't very difficult at stop lights so I can let go of the clutch.
The acceleration is sick. Driving home at highway speeds I'd throw it in 4th and going 70-100 was a breeze. When I got into the city I started to test the lengths of the gears. It revs to 9K, and I find when I chill on the gas and drive normal I'm shifting at 3-4K rpms. I took off and redlined 1st gear to see where it peaked and I shifted to 2nd around 35-40. 2nd gear took me easily to 60-70. I can't really remember because I was looking at the rpms but I know I got up to 80 in the city in just a few seconds.

Riding stance is a bit of a change. It's like it's got the forward controls of a cruiser but that half-a$$ forward hand placement like a sportbike. It's a wild mix of the two. But thankfully it's still considered a cruiser so my insurance isn't sky high.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Congrats! I hope that extra inch is all in the legs, that looks like it is a huge stretch and would be a back killer.

It is a beautiful bike!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!

I really like the looks of the VRODs. Sat on a couple at the dealer before, and it's a no go with me due to the forward controls. I have a (barely) 30 inch inseam so the peg setup just doesn't work for me. They did make a model a few years back with "mid controls" as they call them, though they were further back than traditional mid controls.

·
Registered
352 Posts
That thing has a ton of power, I am currently riding my buddies, coming from my VLX was dang it reminds me of sport bike riding. If you get on it hard it won't standup will just start spinning the tire. Beautiful bike man.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
That is a very nice machine. I don't know if the riding stance would work for me, but stuff like that can be changed. I'm curious how the factory mid-controls would be on it. Congrats on the new ride, and good luck with the Shadow sale.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
BAD A$$!!!

Remember to wave to those of us in your rearview mirror.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
VRSC ®

All I got to say is yea. One of 2 Harleys I want to own. The above link puts them together. Makes for one sexy lookin machine.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Congrats man! I'm picky and I would consider that bike to be in pristine condition.

Yeah, hopefully this frickin weather will clear up enough for me to check it out again. We ducked the rain for a little over an hour at The Best Stop. We moved on to Fezzo's so we could have a more comfortable outside place to sit and wait for you. They had a V-Rod parked at the Harley place next door. It was black with windshield just like yours. Thought you were there and just messing with us. On the bright side we got to enjoy some good catfish and boudin balls ;-)

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
awesome man! that's the best bike Porsche....(cough) i mean HD ever made!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts