Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to start a membership with a gripe but I joined this site in order to get some technical info about my bike. Unfortunately, the site has this "get acquainted" posting requirement before we can seek technical help. What nonsense.

THIS IS POST ONE

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
I hate to start a membership with a gripe but I joined this site in order to get some technical info about my bike. Unfortunately, the site has this "get acquainted" posting requirement before we can seek technical help. What nonsense.

THIS IS POST ONE
I was going to approve all three posts, but then I read the first one. A new member trying to join and the first thing they do is complain? What nonsense.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I was going to approve all three posts, but then I read the first one. A new member trying to join and the first thing they do is complain? What nonsense.
+1 on that!

It takes all of two minutes to realize the factory service manuals are available for download here - and one doesn't need to be approved to access them.

15 minutes later, there's a full service manual at one's disposal - eminent coolness for free!

Forums are communities of folks with a common interest. Unfortunately, some people think of them as free help desks where one may suck a tech weenie dry without so much as a thank you.

I was on another board where the owner of a bike shop went on line and brazenly asked for troubleshooting advice FOR FREE so that he could turn around and CHARGE his customer for expertise he did not possess. I told him I had the answer and the cost associated with my intellectual property...

He didn't like that very much.

Kudos for filtering out the riffraff!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Unfortunately there are so many spammers, hackers, and so many bots (machines disguised as people) this is one of many strategies to control them. I really don't know what these invaders do once they gain access, most just sit on the account. Someday when there is a cyberattack from the former Soviet Union we will find out why all those Russians established phony accounts on car and motorcycle discussion forums. Until then it is anybody's guess.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
There's a lot of great info from some experienced people on this site. They had a problem with spammers and stuff so the 3 threads is a bit of a pain, but trust me, you'll be thankful.
If you have a question, ask away in the intro thread.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

THIS IS POST ONE
this is kinda like showin' up to a BBQ that you ain't even invited too and complainin' about the ribs. just chill out bud. play by the rules and you'll be just fine.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts

THIS IS POST ONE
Tony! Shake it off ;) Rules are rules... for the betterment of the site I might add.

Welcome to the site. There really is a lot of great information available and no shortage of those willing to help.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
it doesnt take that long or alot of effort to get to 3 posts...i posted 3 in one day..if i recall correctly as its been awhile since my 1st post but i believe my 1st was just a little bio of me/my riding exp. and bike.
the 2nd one was more info on my bike. 3rd was a question about wiring up my rear lights to run/turn/brake..you dont have to wait til you post 3 times to ask a question,post it in the 1st one..or now,itd be your 2nd one..then 3rd tell us about your bike. nothing hard about it..its a great way for the mods to weed out spam,which im sure alot of people are tired of seeing when they go to some sites. i know i am.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.