Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here for a while and this seems to be a friendly gathering place. The technical discussions are always good with knowledgeable people willing to share tips and experience. I rode when I was young, got married and did the responsible stuff which included no more motorcycle. Now that the kids are all on their own I got back into motorcycles last year and after 32 years absence had forgotten what a load of fun it is. Ma says I'm a 57 year old teenager again even though I can hardly leave the driveway without her on the back. She even buys chrome and toys for the bike. Great woman, isn't she? I ride a 2004 Shadow Aero. If the weather stays sunny for a few more days maybe I'll get it outside and take a picture to post.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Welcome from the bottom of the world from a 58 year-old with a 2005 Shadow Aero. Great to hear your spouse shares in your motorcycling passion.

You'll find this a great place for useful info and some damned nice folk.

One of the requirements is pics of your scoot.

Ride safe,
Peter
somewhere very southwest of Laramie

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, beats. I have a picture but it's outdated. I've done some upgrades over the winter - Vance & Hines pipes, Kuryakyn grips and pegs, and of course chrome. By the weekend I should have a picture posted.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Welcome, welcome! What an international forum we have here. Please keep your fingers and toes inside at all times and enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Avast! Pics are required here, Matey! Post them whether they be updated or not, Ye Bilge-rat! Aye, if'n ye don't, we be sending foul beasts from the depths of Davy Jones locker to filch them from yer rotten corpse!

No, seriously. Welcome. Post pics or it didn't happen...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It worked but not the way I figured. The chrome is not that shiny because my garage is air conditioned to prevent my woodworking machinery from rusting. When I brought the bike outside the humidity fogged the chrome over while I was taking the picture.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
It worked but not the way I figured. The chrome is not that shiny because my garage is air conditioned to prevent my woodworking machinery from rusting. When I brought the bike outside the humidity fogged the chrome over while I was taking the picture.
VERY nice, Nipper! Is that a Ultimate Seat? NICE!!!!:D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes on the Ultimate seat and I love it. You can ride all day and not have a problem. Honda builds a great bike but their seats are complete crap with maybe an exception for the Goldwing.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Yes on the Ultimate seat and I love it. You can ride all day and not have a problem. Honda builds a great bike but their seats are complete crap with maybe an exception for the Goldwing.
Yepper! You got that right! I kinda have a...thing...for Mustang seats myself...might wanna browse some of the Mustang seat threads to see what I mean...

All in all though, that is one fine looking Aero! Ever thought about some WWW's?;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Updated Photo

The sun came out so I went home for lunch and snapped this picture.

Mark, not sure what you mean by www's.

Thanks for the welcome, Lonnie.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe I should go to the facepalm moments thread and tell how I didn't realize WW was whitewall tires. Duh!

I'm putting new tires on this spring and thought about whitewall tires but decided to stick with the blackwall tires.

Thanks for all the compliments on the bike, guys.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Dude....WW are classic...and look great !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts