Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to think God is trying to keep me off my bike! I've never seen so may thunderstorms and rain in a two week period. If I wanted this weather I would have moved to Seattle.

There is only about 6 weeks left of boating season and not much more before it's too cold to ride. Another weekend of no boat, no waverunners and no bike. I only hope that the rain holds out a little while tomorrow morning so I can get my new bags mounted, give her a good cleaning and get some pictures of the bike with the mods I've added in the past couple of weeks.

Stupid weather! I am not from the Philadelphia area and can't wait to leave. I plan to move to Florida in another year so I can do all the things I love all year round. I've been clicking my heels all morning but I'm still here!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
sorry bud :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
We have rain chances today and Sunday, but tomorrow is looking good here in Pensacola. I'm getting up tomorrow morning early, gearing up and taking my bike out onto the highway for the first time, lol. Had to do some neighborhood riding practicing some of the low speed stuff form the MSF class first. :)

Come on down to FL! Good riding weather pretty much year round, does get a little warm and rainy sometimes but majority of the time it's nice.....especially with the scenic routes that are right on the gulf! That's what I'm looking forward to riding as my proficiency increases.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ChemESGH, I love Florida. My brother lives just outside of Tampa but I am targeting the Miami area. I go down several times per year, as often as I can. In fact I'm going down next month. I spent 11 years living in Vegas and when I returned to the east coast settled in the Philadelphia area (I'm originally from the Jersey Shore). In Vegas there were two or three months out of the year when I didn't boat or ride my bike. I LOVED it! Here there are only about 6 months out of the year to do the things I love.

I am looking forward to moving down there and spending my weekends boating, riding waverunners, diving and riding my bike. The heat in Vegas never bothered me and although it's more humid in Florida it doesn't really bother me. I'll take a hot and humid day in Florida over a cold winter day in Pennsylvania any time!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I personally would be happy for some rain down here. It's bad.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
At the risk of sounding too dramatic or whatever -- I stopped complaining about the weather, and live just north of Philadelphia. Too many places around this country getting devastated over this past year by tornadoes and the like, suffering through extreme heat and drought. Around here even though we have our share of real hot humid days and heavy snow, we also have our share of great weather too, with no real extremes.

Sometimes I feel freakin' lucky. Yeah I'd rather have better weather for the weekend too, but it's waaaay out of my control.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hbark, you don't sound dramatic, I did! I know you are right but overall my biggest complaint about living in this area (not being from here) is the weather. All of my hobbies/activities are summer activities. After spending a large portion of my adult life living in a place where the weather is beautiful year round (Vegas) I get frustrated when we see bad weather for long periods of time during our short season of nice weather.

I'm in Fairless Hills not far from you. I was in Bensalem until we downsized a couple of years ago. My buddy I ride with is in Churchville.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We have an awesome day of weather today.

Two problems - the T-dub is at my parent's house, left there when I decided to get a ride home so I coold drink as much as I wanted. I have no way of getting it back until Tuesday.

My 500 is in the garage in pieces.

I'd rather have rain knowing that there was nothing I could do about it, than sit here looking at the sunshine and no bike to ride because of my choices.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
I'm starting to think God is trying to keep me off my bike! I've never seen so may thunderstorms and rain in a two week period. If I wanted this weather I would have moved to Seattle.

There is only about 6 weeks left of boating season and not much more before it's too cold to ride. Another weekend of no boat, no waverunners and no bike. I only hope that the rain holds out a little while tomorrow morning so I can get my new bags mounted, give her a good cleaning and get some pictures of the bike with the mods I've added in the past couple of weeks.

Stupid weather! I am not from the Philadelphia area and can't wait to leave. I plan to move to Florida in another year so I can do all the things I love all year round. I've been clicking my heels all morning but I'm still here!

mmm, maybe He is, and maybe it's for your benefit, though you don't see it yet.. Or maybe the rain falls on the just and the unjust..just because.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'd rather have rain knowing that there was nothing I could do about it, than sit here looking at the sunshine and no bike to ride because of my choices.
My bike is in the shop being painted..sigh. Looks like I'll have to actually do lawnwork this weekend.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'll trade you those two weeks of rain for my 53 days of over 100 degree weather that I have endured! :-D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.