Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday as I was driving my Dakota to it's annual inspection the regular brake and ABS light came on, there was no physical defect and it passed inspection without a hitch. However the lights stayed on, and in addition today the speedo started acting up. A few well place search words tonight has pointed me to the speed sensor, this from not one but many sources. Could be a frayed wire there getting wet, could be a broken wire, worse case new sensor, but at only about 30 bucks and about 30 minutes work it should not be a biggy!

·
Banned
956 Posts
Thanks for sharing.... I will sleep better tonite.

·
Registered
23,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing.... I will sleep better tonite.

I am so happy to hear that, thinking of you tossing and turning, unable to get to sleep was making me a nervous wreck. I kept thinking to myself, what if the poor dear didn't get to sleep tonight. I would have felt so bad.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Cd, can't say I can vouch for it, but I have heard that when those dash lights (abs etc>) come on and stay on, disconnect the battery so that all things reset. If there is no truth to this , well I'll appreciate someone in the know setting it straight.

·
Registered
23,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cd, can't say I can vouch for it, but I have heard that when those dash lights (abs etc>) come on and stay on, disconnect the battery so that all things reset. If there is no truth to this , well I'll appreciate someone in the know setting it straight.
What? A reply with some insight.. thanks. It does work but not in this case.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Thats why I have 3 different code scanners for the Vehicles I have.1 universal for everything 96 up and 1 Ford Scanner for my89-91 EFI OBDII stuff and 1 GM Scanner for my EFI TBI Injection in my Bronco.Any chain Autoparts store will scan the 96 and later stuff for Free.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Been there done that Dave. In my case it was a problem that won't even show up on the scanners. It was the CamShaft Sensor and i only found tat out through doing a search on the Internet.

As for your problem, I have no idea. Sorry I can't help you on it.

Cat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts