Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Thomas!

I am from austria and i got a honda shadow pc21 for free (because its a very old model and hasnt been used for nearly 14 years)

I suppose its an 89 or 90 model, but with the 7 digit VIN, theres hardly any information which number in there stands for the year.

Anyway, i am now in the process of building it up with my father.
Since i got it (shortly after christmas hehe) we only managed to clean the carbs and reinstall them, spark plugs and air box. All of which were a huge pain in the ass because the air box barely fits into its destined place, carburetors with confusing air hoses, of which we had no idea what they do but in the end we just got it running today, but it sounds like a lawn mower haha.
Good that its running at all. My main concern is this one hose connected to a t fitting which spills out a small jet of gas when the engine is running, but there is nothing to connect it on, id say it has to go back to the fuel tank or somehow close the fuel circle but it remains a mystery since there is nothing to connect it on, at least we havent found it.
Gas tank as expected has built up a pile of rust inside, but for now thats no problem.

From the few minutes of running it seems to me that one cylinder is gettin hotter than the other, maybe lean mixture?

Id say ill discuss this in a seperate thread after i have been autorized by the admin, but i thought a little story to who i am and what concerns me might be apropriate :)

Anyway, im looking forward to meeting new people here and be part of a community!

Take care,
Thomas

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the bike and getting it running. Lots of really knowledgeable folks here and plenty of "stickies" with links and information. I know from personal experience the combination of the two has helped me!

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Welcome to the zoo, Thomas! Once you're able, post up your questions in the tech section. There's a lot of good info and people here to help you through your woes. Also, get a pic of the bike posted in your signature. Helps people know that they're dealing with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts