Honda Shadow Forums banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
One day if I ever hit it rich, I want both of these:

Triumph Thruxton (custom by Dime City Cycles):
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-frtQ4l3GIZI/Typ-6_vl9yI/AAAAAAAAAag/GkuDPV_uERo/s640/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-custom-motorcycle-modern-classic-triumph-thruxton-dime-city-cycles-14.[/quote]
Like this one? :)
[IMG]http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n611/mblosch/5011_1075930101795_1332508724_30182936_5493237_n.jpg

It is a great bike, fantastic in the twisties!

Also restoring this Honda Dream 250

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Dream bike? I have no dream bike, only a list of motorcycles that I'll probably own, grow tired of, and sell. Just like all the rest over the years.

I enjoy riding the Venture, but I'm starting to tire of it....next in line is a KLR 650, and perhaps another trials bike, probably a Sherco but maybe a Beta. There is a good chance I might wind up on something along the lines of an FZ8 at some point in the not too distant future as well.

For older bikes, I'd love to own another Kawasaki Mach III 500, a CBX, KZ 900, and a MiniTrail 50, but I'm over owning things just to say I own them. If I'm not going to ride it fairly often, it's not going into my garage.

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
Hah! A discerning gentleman. How about a '76 XL250? But if the bike is vintage, that makes the rider.....oh, dear.:shock:

It was heavy as a rhino, slow as a haywagon, but reliable as an anvil.
:lol: Mine was a 74' and one heck of a hill climber! Owned for 8yrs. & it was our 2nd vehicle too. Thumpers don't die they just thump away.

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
That thar is a XS 650 Special. Alloy wheels & the LTD style seat is what made it Special. Yamaha answer to Tramps of the day. Spent a few miles on my ex brother-in-law's. Good bike.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I already have the best bike for me. But if I had a bunch of excess cash, I would go for a '50s Indian Chief and a Vincent Black Shadow.

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
I chose the bike I am riding because that was what I wanted at the time. Now I am thinking would like to have a VFR or V Strom. I have no interest in American Iron in my garage but I love to ogle them in another's stable.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i have the only bike i've ever wanted.

it's possible at some point in the future as i do more extensive riding, i might end up with something slightly larger; it's hard to know for sure.

but when i walked into the shop years ago and saw my bike, it was a "there it is, that's the one" kind of experience.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Perfect, as I was going to post a similar question. Where do you go from here? At the dealer, he said that with all of my riding -10 K in the eight months since acquiring a used 750 2006 Shadow, that a newer bigger bike was in order (1300 cc. with differential) . While tempted, this first bike in a long time has gotten me around Lake Michigan, to Las Vegas, and back with no problems. A bigger more expensive bike (Beemer for example) would probably do the same thing, but would not find me the time to do more riding.
May be that the best bike is the one you are riding.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
547 Posts
bought mine because of the price which included ABS, shaft drive and fuel injection.
But if I had the cash then
Vulcan® 1700 Voyager® ABS
BMW K1600GTL

41 - 60 of 101 Posts