Registered
2008 Honda Shadow Aero 750
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
3,013 Posts
If he refuses to just tap the hand brake then that is probably a great use of that product. It would help you to know when he is stopping which would leave you good peace of mind durring your rides.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Wait a minute, is this when you both ride together or, times when you are the passenger?
The clock is still ticking, let me get this straight, I'm going to take this group and everyone lift.
Are you are telling me for everyone to have a helmet helper light, and how many lifts have been going on?
I mean for decades of coasting, and now how many accidents have occurred on lift?

Oh, this is in your head. Ah, I get it. Someone once said there is so much chaos going in the brain as opposed to reality. I wish I said it, but the comments from the family members are about how dangerous this is and could get killed. The thoughts in their head.

Get him a bottle of windex for the mirrors instead. Who relies on a light no matter what color it is. The stupidshit you have the light for will probably plow into you anyway. Mirror-Mirror on the bike, I'm looking in you and I'm all right.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If he refuses to just tap the hand brake then that is probably a great use of that product. It would help you to know when he is stopping which would leave you good peace of mind durring your rides.
I agree. I've told him it's being considerate of me in the back and I've almost rear ended him several times. He just let off the throttle and I had no idea. I am not zure which system is the best tho. One works with his brake light and the other goes on the helmet. I always tap my brake. Even of I am slightly slowing for traffic behind. He got huffy about it lSt weekend d and told me to be more aware which I was

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait a minute, is this when you both ride together or, times when you are the passenger?
The clock is still ticking, let me get this straight, I'm going to take this group and everyone lift.
Are you are telling me for everyone to have a helmet helper light, and how many lifts have been going on?
I mean for decades of coasting, and now how many accidents have occurred on lift?

Oh, this is in your head. Ah, I get it. Someone once said there is so much chaos going in the brain as opposed to reality. I wish I said it, but the comments from the family members are about how dangerous this is and could get killed. The thoughts in their head.

Get him a bottle of windex for the mirrors instead. Who relies on a light no matter what color it is. The stupidshit you have the light for will probably plow into you anyway. Mirror-Mirror on the bike, I'm looking in you and I'm all right.
We don't ride on the same bike. I've had mine way before we met and he is a new rider of this year. I usually ride behind and so he says we will just switch places if I get mad about it but then someone else will be behind and I ready know he isnt doing it. I guarantee if there is aigjt of any kind flickering when he slows I will know to slow myself. And I am not riding too close. Im several car lengths behind

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
If you see a bad habit, for sure address it. All I see are cut wires and a band-aid to address a problem, which does not cure a bad habit.

I'd give him the WATT4 and put the light bulb in his head to tap it some.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you see a bad habit, for sure address it. All I see are cut wires and a band-aid to address a problem, which does not cure a bad habit.

I'd give him the WATT4 and put the light bulb in his head to tap it some.
I don't ever cut wires
I may tap into them but never cut. I'm still giving the watt4 but a little extra can't hirt. The brakefree is wireless and goes on the helmet

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
The brakefree is wireless and goes on the helmet
The helmet is remote on its own, or charge the helmet piece, still have to wire up the momentum switch to the brake light I'll assume. Then that's cut the aftermarket wire plastic back, solder a bead of solder to the tip of the wire strands, Insert the wire in the back of the connector, glue it in place with a tube of E6000. Same goes for the two wires, then cover over any exposed lead or wires with the glue. No need for tape. No need years down the road the tape melts and unravels.

Pull the 3 wires out in back of the brake switch connector, it's that fast, that easy, and no wire on the OEM was cut or crimped at all.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The helmet is remote on its own, or charge the helmet piece, still have to wire up the momentum switch to the brake light I'll assume. Then that's cut the aftermarket wire plastic back, solder a bead of solder to the tip of the wire strands, Insert the wire in the back of the connector, glue it in place with a tube of E6000. Same goes for the two wires, then cover over any exposed lead or wires with the glue. No need for tape. No need years down the road the tape melts and unravels.

Pull the 3 wires out in back of the brake switch connector, it's that fast, that easy, and no wire on the OEM was cut or crimped at all.
No. There is nothing attached to the bike anywhere. It uses a gyroscope and accelero.eter. the unit is jist one piece

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have the brake free Brake Free Helmet Brake Light on the back of my Helmet. Do not even notice it is on there and it is very effective in my opinion! Very bright.flashes..impulses when you slow down....you have a few different modes.... charges via USB.....simply stick on a "pad" on the helmet and the device attaches to it

Reactions: CSRoad

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the brake free Brake Free Helmet Brake Light on the back of my Helmet. Do not even notice it is on there and it is very effective in my opinion! Very bright.flashes..impulses when you slow down....you have a few different modes.... charges via USB.....simply stick on a "pad" on the helmet and the device attaches to it
I decided to buy both so.doubled the protection

1 - 11 of 11 Posts