Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fork seal parts get here tomorrow. Is there any last minute advise anyone wants to give before I dive in? I have read about everything I can in the forum, and am pretty confident I can handle this job, but I am certainly not above getting help from anyone to make it a bit easier!!!

Thanks in advance......Hodge

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually did think of something........if all I am doing is the seal do you have to pull all the guts out to change it? Looks like the seal rides just under the dust cover and the c-ring.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Good luck and go slow, stay neat and organized and you'll be fine :wink:.
This /\/\/\/\

Enjoy it too. It's cool to do work and then, some time later while riding down the road, you realize that you did a repair that is lasting and working like it should...or you'll say "Oh Sh*t, I knew I'd f*ck it up, and I'm 300 miles from home". :shock: :lol: :lol: Either way, it'll be memorable. Good luck. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh repair finished and problem solved.....no more leaking fork. The job took me about an 1 1/2 hrs. I also threw in the hole saw mod on my exhaust. Sounds deep and mean now! My buddy that helped out was raving on and on about the sound!

Now for some good sounding leak free riding!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.