Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm set up for solo riding and no saddle bags. I'm thinking about the ghost or easy brackets so I'll have a quick alternative when I need some luggage.
Any one has these? If so, what saddlebags are you using & how do you like them?
Here's a website of one brand:

http://www.chilhowee.net/easy-brackets/EB015.html

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
539 Posts
In my signature pic, you can see what they look like with a pair of Saddlemen "Cruisin" Jumbo slant bags. I plan to change the bags in the future in favor of larger River Road bags, but the Easy Brackets will stay!

Sorry, i don't have a pic of them removed, but the "docking" bolts are pretty stealth as they are polished stainless steel and they blend right in with the chrome fender rails.

You may have to refresh to actually see the pic. :?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the ghost brackets and they are awesome....when installed they are very strong and when removed there is just a little stainless steel piece of hardware left behind and they are quickly removable....and as the other post states i am using with saddleman jumbo slants and they are supported internally with some plastic so they hold their shape real nicely....Good luck!
Robert

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have the easy brackets. Nice clean look. For your bag to keep it's shape you might need to use some thin plastic inside your bags so they keep their shape. Found at a craft store. I have Willie & Max slant bags. Highly recommend easy brackets. Easy on/off to take bags with you or just to have a different look.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have the Easybrackets with Saddlemen Cruise N Slant Jumbo bags. Didn't like paying the $ for the brackets but with the frustration I had with the standard supports, I decided to buy them.

They work great, very sturdy, easy to install, easy & quick to take on and off when needed.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I have the easy brackets with large Spiders Den bags. Taking the bags off and putting on is a snap, less than a min for both.

The only bad point, and it's a very minor thing, when looking at the bike from straight on the rear you can see the space the brackets make between the fender and bags.

Maybe I'm being too picky, but would like for a cleaner look to them.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I've got the easy brackets on the Vulcan. I don't really take them off unless we are on a trip and stay at a motel somewhere. I have the jumbo slant River Roads. BTW, I had to do a little customizing on the mounting posts when I added the backrest brackets. Had to grind down the backs of the mounting posts to be flush with the backrest brackets, no major deal. Also had to have slightly longer bolts to go thru the posts, brackets and fender struts on the rear.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the great information. I really like being able to remove the bags when I don't need them &/or carry them in the motel. Now all I got to do is figure which bags. :shock:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Easy brackets are great. Pricey, but they are as advertised. I can pull off the bags in about 1 min. When I got them, I had a bit of trouble with one side (had to work the bracket up and down a lot to get it to work).

Just make sure you put on the brackets first and then lay the bags on them to make measurements.

Cheers, D-Mac

·
Registered
323 Posts
I see that one looking for brackets is riding a Spirit, I tried to find Ghost brackest or Easy brackets for my 750 Shadow Spirit and was told that they don't make the brackets for the Shadow Spirit. I had ordered some from a web sight that advertised them at a good price, but never received them. When I got to questioning them, I was told they were on back order. I guess they are, according to the makers, they don't exist. Be careful who you order from. I did get the order cancelled, it was just a pain in the azz dealing with people advertising products they don't have.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want to thank everyone that's posted.
eclynn1 brings up a good point. Where did you purchase your easy brackets or ghost brackets? How was service? And do you recommend them?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Shadow Kat said:
I want to thank everyone that's posted.
eclynn1 brings up a good point. Where did you purchase your easy brackets or ghost brackets? How was service? And do you recommend them?
I have a '06 VLX600 Deluxe, and I purchased my Easy Brackets from Scootworks. There address is www.scootworks.com. I looked up yours and for a 2001 750 Shadow ACE (with or without a sissybar) they want $142.45 for the brackets, and $17.82 for shipping, for a grand total of $160.27. I have purchased a number of things from them, and their service has been great, and they are more than willing to check their inventory BEFORE you order if you order by phone. If you buy anything from them over $199.00 they ship free. They are good. :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.