Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
My only concern would be that it only has two mounting spots. I would think that this shield would vibrate in the wind more than one that had bottom anchor points too.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I have one of these on my Shadow. Doesn't vibrate in the wind but the sheild is pretty small and you get alot of wind pressure on your shoulders. It does take alot of the pressure off your chest, but, does not work as well as a full size sheild. There is alot of play in the mounting brackets so it should go on your bike.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ya'll. I am looking for a small, quickly removed shield and hand guards to make riding to work at <40 F a little more enjoyable.

·
Registered
264 Posts
AngryHatter said:
I got a Memphis Hellcat.
Same basic thing, although the hardware is a different color.
And it cost about twice the price.
I've gott the HellCat as well. I ride a Sabre and the shield is pretty stable (no shaking) running at maximun speed.
I won't go as far as saying it is the shield you are looking for as it is hard to get good wind protection on a cruiser.

Benny

·
Registered
632 Posts
The memphis hot shot is a little bigger and comes off in seconds with a supplied wrench. just food for thought.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The shield I had was basically the same (Spitfire). It took the wind off of my body, but you'd better have heated grips, chemical packs, or hand guards because your fingers are still gonna freeze. For me, my fingers freeze long before anything else does. I'm around 5'10" and during the summer I could ride with a half helmet on the interstate without my eyeglasses falling off, so they take a ton of wind off your face. Once you get it set up right, vibration is really no problem at all.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I got the Spitfire,shipped the total was $61.30 @amazon.com.
It does just as i wanted,take the cool air off my chest and put most of
the rain over my head,that should mean Most of the BUGS should take
the Same route hopefully.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
downinit25i said:
The shield I had was basically the same (Spitfire). It took the wind off of my body, but you'd better have heated grips, chemical packs, or hand guards because your fingers are still gonna freeze. For me, my fingers freeze long before anything else does. I'm around 5'10" and during the summer I could ride with a half helmet on the interstate without my eyeglasses falling off, so they take a ton of wind off your face. Once you get it set up right, vibration is really no problem at all.
Working on the hand guards now actually.

I have the headlights out of a '96 Taurus that I am shaping up to be quickly removeable handguards....I have only run into one problem, the plastic that the body is made out of melted into my dremel bit as I was cutting the lens away and gummed it up.... So much for MacGuyvering it.

I could spend 90.00 on a set, or I could make my own for 5 bucks...and it keeps me in the garage away from the "honeydew" list.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Shrek,
Turn the speed way down on the dremel tool and the plastic won't melt. Higher speeds causes things to heat up a bit too much.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PainterD said:
Shrek,
Turn the speed way down on the dremel tool and the plastic won't melt. Higher speeds causes things to heat up a bit too much.
that would be a good idea 'cept that I have a ~4.8v 5k/10k rpm cordless...it sucks big time.

I will try 5K this weekend when I get back out into the garage.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Paulie said:
I have one of these on my Shadow. Doesn't vibrate in the wind but the sheild is pretty small and you get alot of wind pressure on your shoulders. It does take alot of the pressure off your chest, but, does not work as well as a full size sheild. There is alot of play in the mounting brackets so it should go on your bike.
Shield Shield Shield

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Morgan said:
AngryHatter said:
I got a Memphis Hellcat.
I've gott the HellCat as well. I ride a Sabre and the shield is pretty stable (no shaking) running at maximun speed.
I won't go as far as saying it is the shield you are looking for as it is hard to get good wind protection on a cruiser.

Benny
Only reason I wanted a shield was to stop the wind at my chest.
And this thing does that in spades.

·
Registered
264 Posts
AngryHatter said:
Morgan said:
AngryHatter said:
I got a Memphis Hellcat.

Benny
Only reason I wanted a shield was to stop the wind at my chest.
And this thing does that in spades.
I agree. It looks pretty good also.

Benny

1 - 17 of 17 Posts