Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...
I bought a Honda tool kit and a owners manual for my bike(2005 shadow spirit 750 dc) and got the tool kit but am still waiting for the owners manual to come in and I really want to make the suspension a bit softer.
Im 140lbs and when I go over bumps, it feels pretty stiff.
I have the tool to adjust the suspension but am not sure how to do it. I know you use the tool to turn the piece with notches on them but there arent any numbers and the notches go all the way around.
can any of you guys walk me through the process??
I want to make sure I do it right and also want to make sure both sides are set the same.

I believe I turn right for stiffer, left to make it softer. Is there 5 settings?
I guess I can try turning it all the way to the left to make it the softest setting on both sides so I know what setting its in and then go a few to the right..this way I know Ill be in 2 or 3

·
Registered
369 Posts
I cant answer your question since my spirit rides on struts but until your manual comes in look at the one that is avaiable for download. It will get you by until yours comes in.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at it but didnt see a section on adjusting suspension...
I hope the manual Im getting will have what Im looking for. I ordered a owners manual, not service manual.

·
Registered
82 Posts
1 is soft and 5 is stiff. Only go through the sequence, never go through the space not numbered. Mine is set on 3 now seems about right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.