Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My turn signals are mounted on my stock buck horn handlebars. With these bars I would have to get turn signals that mount on the forks. As for the mirrors I'm not sure if these bars will cause the mirrors to be at a weird angle or not.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
My turn signals are mounted on my stock buck horn handlebars. With these bars I would have to get turn signals that mount on the forks. As for the mirrors I'm not sure if these bars will cause the mirrors to be at a weird angle or not.

your mater cylinders will also be on an angle, mirror will be fine on another master but will be on an angle on that one

what bike do you have, Cable or hydralic clutch?

I used VTX masters

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Those things should be adjustable, so theoretically it shouldnt matter.

The only issue is, you will be changing the dynamics of how the bike turns and such and will be like learning to ride a new bike.

Also, pics help. A LOT.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those things should be adjustable, so theoretically it shouldnt matter.

The only issue is, you will be changing the dynamics of how the bike turns and such and will be like learning to ride a new bike.

Also, pics help. A LOT.

Yea the dynamics were a night and difference for me when I bought the bike coming from riding CBRs. But I do have a local shop that will let me try bars on my bike to see how they feel before I buy them so that should help a little.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also thought about T-bars as well. They are just a little pricey from what I've seen for the metric 100mm spacing.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I have very similar bars on mine and love them huge difference from the buckhorns I had. are your bars originally 1 inch size?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
45510-MCH-C11 M/CYL SUB-ASSY, FR. $75.47

22890-MCH-C11 M/CYL SUB-ASSY $80.74

those were the ones I used... well yet to fit the brake master as the bike came with one that is OK, just got it so I have a matching pair as the clutch master was a cheap ****ter that stopped working hence the VTX one purcased.

My bike came with the T bars fitted

I was going to link some pics but photobucket seams to be down....

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/53...e-1993-vt-shadow-1100-work-done-so-far-3.html

That thread has some pics when photobucket is running again :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well a guy I work with just showed me some T-bars off of his Suzuki marauder that look awesome and will fit the shadow based in my measurements. They are 27.5" wide, 7" high, and about 4" pull back. He is selling them to me for $30 so I'm think I'm gonna bite.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Cheap fix is usually a good one :) At least he might let you try them out first.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Why? Are you 100% positive you cant get them to work? Plus ive never seen a Shadow with bar mounted signals.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Why? Are you 100% positive you cant get them to work? Plus ive never seen a Shadow with bar mounted signals.

early buck horn 1100 shadows all had bar mount indicators

here is egold54's bike with the std ones (if the link works)

http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/members/albums/50645-egold54/my-ride-817-picture2486-shadow1.html

I have fork mount ones now, could be the std lights on new munts? bike came with them on

the mounts look like this

Fork Mounted 41mm Indicator Brackets Harley Davidson FL FXST FXDWG | eBay

or these

LED Fork Light Turn Signal Kits - Chrome Glow

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Kuryakyn makes a nice fork mount clamp; 39-41mm if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Well a guy I work with just showed me some T-bars off of his Suzuki marauder that look awesome and will fit the shadow based in my measurements. They are 27.5" wide, 7" high, and about 4" pull back. He is selling them to me for $30 so I'm think I'm gonna bite.
I think you may find that those bars are a bit narrow. In my experience on my Shadow ACE 1100, anything less than 30" wide starts to feel a bit sketchy in the corners.

I've had bars that look very similar to what you posted in your first post. I've ended up choosing some Biltwell Tracker bars after swapping through about 6 different sets of bars last year.

Here are the bars I picked and a pic of them on my bike.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think you may find that those bars are a bit narrow. In my experience on my Shadow ACE 1100, anything less than 30" wide starts to feel a bit sketchy in the corners.

I've had bars that look very similar to what you posted in your first post. I've ended up choosing some Biltwell Tracker bars after swapping through about 6 different sets of bars last year.

Here are the bars I picked and a pic of them on my bike.

They are a little on the narrow side but I can't beat $30 to give them a try and probably be able to sell them for the same price if I don't like them. I'm gonna experiment with some flat type bars and see which ones I like the best. At this point, as long as my wrists aren't turned in so much it will be fine. Thanks for the tip though.

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,386 Posts
I got my buddy to make me some 'Z' bars out of polished stainless. I bought some custom clutch and brake reservoirs but the brake is now pretty much on from the get-go, inasmuch as there isn't a lot of play or movement in the lever. It's surprising what you get used to and how quickly you get used to it.

If you try to fit the buckhorn reservoirs on flat bars:

1) They look dumb as; and

2) The mirrors look ridiculous and I found there wasn't enough adjustment to actually see anything directly behind me.

I have tried buckhorns (stock), 'T' bars, Drag Bars and Harley flat track style bars before the 'Z' bars. I like the zeds best.

I mounted my front turn signals on the neck covers.

Of all the bars I have tried I like these the best. In fact I like them so much I had some made up for the VF750 Magna as well.......

Collector

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I actually really like this bars might be something I would try down the road but yes I will be buying brake and clutch master cylinders that look normal before I mount the bars. I may mount them in a mock up just to see how they feel.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts