Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
I sometimes call my Versys 1000 "the big green bottle-rocket" Othewise never really named any of them

Attachments

Reactions: blue flames

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
179 Posts
This is D's Spirit. 'D' is for my wife Dena and this is her bike (even though she rarely rides it).

This is Hildr the Valkyrie. She's named after the "Battle" Valkyrie from old Norse mythology (one of Odin's favorites).

:)

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
3,403 Posts
In all my years of owning and riding motorcycles (58 years since I bought my first new one), I can honestly say I've never heard a guy or gal refer to their bike by an actual given name in face-to-face conversation.

Honest question here... Is it something that owners only do in private?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In all my years of owning and riding motorcycles (58 years since I bought my first new one), I can honestly say I've never heard a guy or gal refer to their bike by an actual given name in face-to-face conversation.

Honest question here... Is it something that owners only do in private?
Pretty sure it's between them and the bike. I can remember as a kid my parents would call the car something unflattering if it wouldn't start. "Come on B!%€h" lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have found it depends on the audience. Talking to the average rider, I don't. I just say 'My bike'. But when I'm talking to folks that sub to my YT or to followers of my adv thread, we all refer to our bikes by their names. On adv, I don't use her name if talking to those that do not follow my thread. You have 5 years riding more than myself.
I'll add that I didn't start naming/referring to my bikes by name until 1988.

Similarly, talking to you, I'd not address my wife by name. I'd say my wife did or said this/that. But talking to family or close friends, I refer to her by name.

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,141 Posts
The cat has a name, the dog has a name, my wife's car has a name, two of my bicycles, out of quite a few, have names, but that's it. My 750 ACE is referred to as "the Honda" or "the bike".

1 - 20 of 35 Posts