Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
3,791 Posts
In all my years of owning and riding motorcycles (58 years since I bought my first new one), I can honestly say I've never heard a guy or gal refer to their bike by an actual given name in face-to-face conversation.
I completely agree. If the definition of nickname is a familiar name or sobriquet ie the name something is commonly called, then I have never heard anyone call their bike anything. Thinking back I have friends who have had bikes as long as me (50 years) and others less time but I have never heard anyone call their bike blu or lchanta or bob anything.

In my case I went through 100 bikes when I was young (buy/repair/sell) and as my rancher uncle told me, you name pets but you dont name anything you will sell or eat.

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,961 Posts
"Eve" is my 1100 spirit. "Black Mamba" is my wing named by my wife "lady blue" and her VLX is named "lil blue". The project bike is called "Old wing"

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Its a Honda Shadow of course. A 1984 Vt500c to be precise. It just doesnt look like one because I hit it with my hammer a few times and painted it.😉
I knew that. But yes I wanted the specs on it. I hope the hammer was intentional 😂

·
Registered
84 VT500C retro bobber
1,585 Posts
That yours also;) ?
I wish, rebuilt one for a customer. They are not cheap, we paid $23k for one that was totaled and then spent another 10k on replacement fiberglass not to mention the 120 hours I had into the bodywork.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My first named bike was Veronica, an old Moto Guzzi California III, I didn't name the BMW R1100R, Eileen is a Buell Blast and my former Shadow Spirit was Bessie. I got over Bessie's demise with a Suzuki DL650 V Strom, which may get named Crosseyed Mary, only because I like the Jethro Tull song of the same name.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Can I ask what Flyscreen you have? It looks like a National Cycle but I can't find one for my Shadow. I have one on my Rebel and like it a lot.
I've had that flyscreen for a while and it's been on 3-4 different bikes so far.
It may not be listed to fit the shadow because I bought it for a different bike.
I'll look at what is sold today and see if I can find the shield I have.

Funny, I just rode with a guy with a Hardley who remarked about that "silly little windshield" and could not imagine it having any function.
After seeing it in his mirror for an hour or so, he said it looked kind of cool, hid the aftermarket tach, and probably did deflect some wind.
Here's the rider's view during the tach install:

:)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Can I ask what Flyscreen you have? It looks like a National Cycle but I can't find one for my Shadow. I have one on my Rebel and like it a lot.
OK, here's what I found:
N2531 Flyscreen®; Chrome; Dark Tint (nationalcycle.com)
10-115512-000.pdf (nationalcycle.com)
The side mounts appear to be the same as what I have, straight with an offset in the middle.

Others have side mounts that are arched with the offset close to the end, at the fork tubes, and attach lower on the fork tubes.
National Cycle Flyscreen Windshields - N2557-001 | JPCycles.com
This could be the current design being sold now, and a redesign of what I have, don't know.
Hope this helps in your quest to find a Flyscreen that'll fit your bike.
:D

21 - 35 of 35 Posts