Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from laying a fallen hero to rest. The evil ones from kansas were there too. Thankfully, the permit they got only allowed them to come no closer than 600 feet.

Just curious if anyone else is a Patriot Guard rider?

·
Registered
776 Posts
No, I am not and I do not know anyone personally who is. However, I am interested in learning more about them. I guess they have a website...I will look for it and read up on them. Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'm not, but the PGR up here have graciously allowed me to stand flag lines with them with local missions. A great group of folks performing a valuable service to our armed forces members.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
No, but I've been looking into it.

I guess what held me back was, I didn't want to be a paper member-in-name-only and I was concerned that my schedule would keep me from showing up sometimes when called.

Incidentally, I don't personally know anyone who is involved either. I asked around of other riders but, as one member of a local club said, they all thought that membership was for ex-military/military only. I know from reading the site that this isn't true, but that's still seems to be the general perception.

But thanks for the post. It'll remind be to take another look.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Been a member since the begining, have a mission Monday for a KIA, anyone can be a member, military or not military, motorcycle rider or cage driver, it's not who you are or how many mission's you can attend, it's that you attend when available and show your respect for those that have served for us all..........We Welcome All.............

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Proud member here for the last 2 years... It's all a matter of respect, honor and protection... All three go to the fallen and the family & friends. Respect and honor the fallen soldiers that gave their all for our freedom ... and protection to the family and friends from the anti-American loseholes that choose sometimes to demonstrate against the funeral.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Anyone can join the PGR who has respect for our military and their families. We aren't a club but rather an umbrella organization that was formed so that other groups such as Legion Riders, Rolling Thunder, AM Vets etc can all come together without mission statements or other issues getting in the way. We don't care if you're a vet, ride or drive. If you'll stand with us, you are welcomed.

The easiest way to hook up is to find your State Capt from the National Web Site Leadership page and email them letting them know you are interested and getting on the notification email list. If you can make missions great, if not we understand.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've been a member for quite a while. Time and distance keep me from attending a lot of Missions, but I am always there in spirit.

Great Organization supporting Great Americans.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was nice to see yesterday that several sportbikes showed up. A few of the people i have talked to have this perception that it was just harley guys doing this.

at last count we had close to 200 riders come out, some of those 2up.

now if we could just get the media to respect the family's wishes, all would be well.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.