Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone is running different bars on there spirit 1100? My bike is on its way to being streamlined and with the bike being lowered, having the scoop under the radiator and the upcoming addition of HardKrome Classic Straights I think the stock buckhorns just look goofy. Is there anyone who makes taller risers to accomodate drag bars or a complete 1 piece t bar to fit our bikes? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put a bar from an 1100 ACE on a standard 1100 one time and it made a nice difference. I never really cared for the buckhorns personally and after I swapped, I could handle the bike better. My sig pic is an ACE 1100 if you want get a look at the bar. The standard 1100 was basically the same bike that the Spirit 1100 is.

You have to get rid of those goofy mirrors though... if you want the streamlined look

·
Registered
‘00 Valkyrie Interstate, ‘01 Spirit 1100, 99 VLX
1,341 Posts
I tried the Spirit 75 drag bars and risers on my 1100 Spirit. Loved the look, but then I turned the bars and the control housings hit the tank. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

So, off came the drag bars (they're for sale, BTW), and I put on a set of VLX handlebars with the 750 risers. A perfect fit! And my hand, wrist, shoulder, and neck pain is gone, even on extended rides. I think they look much better than the stock buckhorns. The total pullback didn't change much, so all the original cables and wiring is still in place, although I rerouted things a bit.

I can send pics if you like.

CB

·
Registered
14 Posts
VT1100-C Drag Bars

I changed my bars last year to drag bars. They are awesome. 8" risers and you can look in the members gallery for my bike under "JJAMES"

I think I paid about 169.00 or so. Easy install. I sold my original bars to a member here.

My original 2003 pipes are for sale too!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CB I would love to see pics and JJAMES did you have to lengthen any cables or did all the stock stuff fit ok?

·
Registered
14 Posts
All the stock stuff fit great. The bars are predrilled for the electrical but I ran mine like stock because I was not interested in tearing up any connection ends.

·
Registered
‘00 Valkyrie Interstate, ‘01 Spirit 1100, 99 VLX
1,341 Posts
Here are the pics. I still have to polish the 750 risers, a rainy day project since there is no winter here in Montgomery!

CB

·
Registered
31 Posts
SHADOW HANDLEBARS

LOOK IN THE OWNERS GALLERY (SORT BY NAME) FOR "DENMANSHAFFER" AND THERE IS A PICTURE OF MY VT1100 WITH FLANDERS "BAD BO
YS". BOLT RIGHT ON[/img][/url]

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I like the stock buckhorns....puts my elbows down and wrists at the right angle. I did add the Rizoma risers for ^" rise and pull back. That and sliding the seat back a few inches really makes it all quite comfortable.

Got to put about 70 miles on her today and rode through a cold shower.....forgot what those pins in the face felt like! LOL

Gonz

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gonzo said:
I like the stock buckhorns....puts my elbows down and wrists at the right angle. I did add the Rizoma risers for ^" rise and pull back. That and sliding the seat back a few inches really makes it all quite comfortable.

Got to put about 70 miles on her today and rode through a cold shower.....forgot what those pins in the face felt like! LOL

Gonz
Haha I know the feeling rain is not pleasant at 60 mph.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
beowulf said:
Maybe we could trade. I'd like to replace my 750 spirit risers with 1100 risers. I've got 1100 bars on the way.
I actually just ordered all my stuff to replace my bars and risers but I'll tell you what, when my new stuff arrives if you would like my 1100 risers you can have them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm looking for spirit 750 risers for my '89 vt1100c since I put some low cafe bars on my bike. Let me know if you want to sell yours Beowulf. I want to achieve about 2-3" of pullback over the stock 1100 risers. Do you think the 750 risers will give me that much more? When I put my fingertips on the grips that is where I feel the best when I'm riding.

Thanks, Ben

1 - 15 of 15 Posts