Honda Shadow Forums banner

Anyone get to ride today

3K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Hawaii 600 
#1 ·
I went for a little ride today of about 80 miles 40 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. It was really fun to feel like you are doing something special I only saw one other bike on the road, Oh I forgot and one more it was on a trailer at the local motorcycle fashion shop.. :wink: The old black full face helemet sure felt alot better today than it did in July. I rode up to meet my wife for lunch and it was amazing the number of people who either looked at me and smiled or just looked baffled, I wish I had a way to send them all a picture of Sanoke's adventures. And one more thing do not leave your gloves out on the bike they are pretty cold when it comes time to put them back on. :oops:

#2 ·
Rode in to work this morning (20miles) it was 43 when I left the house. Gonna try tomorrow, they say it's suppose to be 35. Lucky for me my bride bought me some insulated snowmobile pants for Christmas. :D

#4 ·
I obviously rode to work this morning (wasn't raining), 30 degrees when I left the house and felt colder as it usually does. Nice to be able to try out these heated grips!

Hard to believe it was 70 here on Saturday....

#5 ·
ribman442 said:
I went for a little ride today of about 80 miles 40 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. It was really fun to feel like you are doing something special I only saw one other bike on the road, Oh I forgot and one more it was on a trailer at the local motorcycle fashion shop.. :wink: The old black full face helemet sure felt alot better today than it did in July. I rode up to meet my wife for lunch and it was amazing the number of people who either looked at me and smiled or just looked baffled, I wish I had a way to send them all a picture of Sanoke's adventures. And one more thing do not leave your gloves out on the bike they are pretty cold when it comes time to put them back on. :oops:
Unless I need the car for some reason, or the weather is really, really bad, I typically ride, rain or shine. So yep... I'm riding today.

#9 ·
trjam said:
figured it was the simplest way to explain a minivan behind the bike. 8)
ahh ok, I was curious because you didn't look like a soccer mom in your signature pic LOL!

#12 ·
Rode Today

I just moved from Indiana to Hampton, VA. My 2001 Spirit 1100 is the only way I have to work most days. A beautiful 27 mile ride across the bridge tunnel to Chesapeake along 64. The wether has been great but it did rain on me yesterday morning. A lot of cars in this area but the drivers are for the most part motorcycle friendly. Ride Safe!

#15 ·
No ride today,Cold and Snow,not FUN to me.But i did get install wiring for the battery tender (schumacher brand) WW $17.44. So that when i want to ride it won't be such a pain to get it started.

#17 ·
Hawaii 600 said:
Went around to Sand Beach
the waves were choppy and large. Salt spray felt good.
temp in the mid 80's
nice ride.
Glen
Just curious... what does the salt spray do to your bike? Do you have to wash it after every ride?

#18 ·
Trueseaker said:
Hawaii 600 said:
Went around to Sand Beach
the waves were choppy and large. Salt spray felt good.
temp in the mid 80's
nice ride.
Glen
Just curious... what does the salt spray do to your bike? Do you have to wash it after every ride?
If you venture over to the windward side yes you had better wash the bike asap.
salt will rust chrome and put little white webs on aluminum in no time.

#20 ·
It sounds like alot of us are having fun....I did not get a ride in today due to having a sick child at home. And it looks like I may get better at riding in the cold if I do ride on my next days off because a cold front is on its way. I finally got some ridding pants and am also trying to get more ride time into work and back, but that is taking a lot of planning due to my job :(

#21 ·
I rode today.. it wasn't bad going to work but the ride home was chilly. I haven't been able to find my Turtle Fur neck warmer since I moved so I took a shop rag and tied it around my neck, then pulled it up over my chin, buckled my helmet over it to help hold it up, and tucked the rest down the front of my coat. What a difference! The only parts that got cold were my temples. Some weird air jet in there from around the hinge of my face shield. Now I'm thinking about riding in a full face mask, something like a ski mask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.