Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I've pretty much got my 1100 ACE Tourer exactly to my liking. My wife and I live on the bike every spare moment we have in the Summer. We put on over 10,000 miles last Summer, and loved every mile of it. The one thing I don't have yet, that my wife would really love to have is a stereo. She loves to listen to music when we ride, and usually wears her earbuds with her MP3. I would really like to install a good stereo system on the bike to run her MP3 system on so we can both enjoy the music at the same time, but wanna make sure I buy the right one. Most I have read reviews on have been disappointed when it comes to the bass, and describe the music as "tinny". Does anyone have a suggestion for a good stereo that she can hook up her MP3 to that has good volume and overall sound and bass? Thanks for any and all suggestions you can give!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
In my opinion you will not get good base out of a 2 or 3 inch speaker no matter how much you spend on it. If you are worried about the base, install a batwing so you can install larger speakers.
I have handled Shark, Uniq and Pyle and am most impressed with the Pyle.
The Sharks are cheaper and in my opinion shows. The Uniq is more than twice the price with 4 inch speakers but the Pyle's seem to have better base with their 2 1/4 inch speakers which also look much better on the bike.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,452 Posts
Inside the hemet system would be the best option IMO. Not fond of sharing music with others @ the volume most bikers have it cranked up to. This also applies to all vehicles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts