Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some years ago, I bought a Ural Sidecar bike and rode it for a couple seasons (this was in Michigan, where we had riding seasons). It was great fun, but a "high maintenance" ride, and took about two hours of wrenching for each hour of riding, on average. So I got rid of the darn thing and bought a GL1500 Goldwing, that required NO wrench time.

So now I've had my '93 1100 Shadow a couple months and ride it back and forth to work during the week, and around the area on the weekends and enjoy it a great deal. I'm thinking that with the large displacement and driveshaft it would make a GREAT tug for a sidecar. Anyone out there ride a Shadow Hack rig?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I'd be thinking you'd need to modify the front end of a Shadow to haul a sidehack... too much trail.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
When I was in Cuba last year there were Soviet era motorcycles with sidecars all over the place, and they were held together with duct tape and a great deal of imagination. It was quite the sight.

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
In about 5 years or so I'll be looking for a sidecar for my GoldWing. Check out the Hannigan website. Give them a call to see if it's even possible....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have done a little checking. The Dauntless site and Motorvation both speak of mounting brackets for Honda Shadows. I'm thinking that a Hannigan would be good for a Goldwing, but a bit big and heavy for a Shadow. I'm leaning towards a Motorvation Spyder sidecar with an alloy wheel. I'll have to check EZ steer to see if triple clamps are availble to change the trail of the front end.

But so far the answer is NO, we don't have any sidecar rigs here....

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,219 Posts
randyd said:
When I was in Cuba last year there were Soviet era motorcycles with sidecars all over the place, and they were held together with duct tape and a great deal of imagination. It was quite the sight.
Sounds like the Ural rig to me... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts