Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had to park my bike in some dicey places at times, so I bought an alarm for motorcycles off eBay. The alarm has a motion sensor and remote start and stop function. It's hidden under the seat and is ear piercing loud. I used to have a lot of people sitting on the bike tweaking the controls but since the installation haven't seen that happen but once. That day I heard the alarm going off in a large parking lot and looked out to see a fellow slinking away from the bike very red faced. Cost was about $50 did the install myself. I get a kick starting the bike with the remote, which works up to a block away. Same company now sells a unit that triggers a radio pager that you carry in your pocket (coverage about a mile) letting you know there is some one messing with your scoot.

Doc

·
Registered
5 Posts
We will be on the road for about 4 weeks in the South West and were wondering if anyone could suggest a good tiny anti-theft tracker device they have used that could be recommended..........we will be doing Motel/Hotel and I know a lot of them aren't that "motorcycle friendly"...........
Just wondering.............
This is the method I usually take: chain and GPS. These two measures can prevent more than 90% of thefts, they have successfully protected my motorcycle. With a sufficiently strong chain, Trak-4 is cheap, and spytec is better at accuracy. In contrast, I prefer the more functional spytec, which has more accurate location tracking and SOS functions.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,613 Posts
A 12 yr. old thread. If you have a better option, start a new thread in the future that way we see a date appeasing to our view. Hell I wasn't even a member yet that year. Another thought, who the hell wants a Honda over a Harley? So park next to a Harley and/or carry full coverage insurance. Thieves literally pick your bike up and carry it away in a trailer.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts