Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Paulie said:
Hey, nothing wrong with the Knights Inn and you can't beat $65 a night. Can't beat that desk clerk either. :lol:
ewww lol sorry i perfer hampton or holiday inn ( if its new) but if that is the choice then we all need to hop on it , anyone of the the planners can pull the trigger lol we need to know if any of them have space and what kinda rate we can get ..... gotta have non smoking rooms ..... I havent heard from Denise I hope she is feeling ok.... I called a little while back but she was on some heavy meds :) poor kid

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
sadie43 said:
Paulie said:
Hey, nothing wrong with the Knights Inn and you can't beat $65 a night. Can't beat that desk clerk either. :lol:
ewww lol sorry i perfer hampton or holiday inn ( if its new) but if that is the choice then we all need to hop on it , anyone of the the planners can pull the trigger lol we need to know if any of them have space and what kinda rate we can get ..... gotta have non smoking rooms ..... I havent heard from Denise I hope she is feeling ok.... I called a little while back but she was on some heavy meds :) poor kid
That was a joke about the Knight's Inn. It was ok for men, not for women. Last I heard from Denise was that she was in a walking cast. Big improvement.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
sadie43 said:
we need to know if any of them have space and what kinda rate we can get
As of this morning, Expedia is showing that the Hampton has 8 rooms available at $129/night and up, Quality Inn has them at $130/night, Pilot Mountain Quality Inn has them at $87/night and up. The others (including the Mt Airy HIE) do NOT have rooms available. (I used Oct 8 check-in and Oct 10 checkout for searching.)

If we're flexible on the site, there's some leeway to get a good discount. If we're locked into staying in Mt. Airy, not so much. There's no way I can assess whether or not the Mt. Airy hotels are worth $50/night more than the one in Pilot Mountain -- or if the cheaper one even meets minimum standards.

-----

For whoever is putting together rides: My father-in-law once thought he could impress a flatlander (me) by having me drive on a fantastic road in VA not far from Mt Airy -- somewhere around Laurel Fork, VA. It would be good if we could find that one; could it have been Squirrel Spur?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Where the heck is Mt. Airy? I googled it and got options in VA, NC, Philly, Delaware.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
juggle-early said:
Where the heck is Mt. Airy? I googled it and got options in VA, NC, Philly, Delaware.
Near the Blue Ridge Parkway in Northern North Carolina. Not that far from you.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
juggle-early said:
The search engines are really fussy on how you spell "Mt" -- and no two seem to want it the same way. Look for Hillsville, VA and then scroll down (i.e. south) 20 miles or so.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
Back to overall plan: We discussed a lot of ideas for the days last year, including emphasizing weekday rides over weekend ones. But I'm not sure we ever decided anything other than the specific weekend.

Following the pattern of previous years, we'd
o start gathering on Thursday night
o ride Friday
o more people come in Friday night
o ride Saturday
o Sunday morning ride with some folks heading home from the end, others leaving from the hotel
Does that fit the general parameters of what everyone is thinking?

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
adlowe said:
Back to overall plan: We discussed a lot of ideas for the days last year, including emphasizing weekday rides over weekend ones. But I'm not sure we ever decided anything other than the specific weekend.

Following the pattern of previous years, we'd
o start gathering on Thursday night
o ride Friday
o more people come in Friday night
o ride Saturday
o Sunday morning ride with some folks heading home from the end, others leaving from the hotel
Does that fit the general parameters of what everyone is thinking?
You and I seem to be the only ones talking about this. And yes that's the general idea.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I'm seriously considering attending this year.

I need to know if there is camping not too far away as I probably won't be able to afford a hotel room if they are over $80-90/night, so camping works for me.

I'm going to ride down that Thursday before and ride home that Sunday.

It's going to be about an 11 hour ride for me (a short jaunt :wink: ) each way.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,235 Posts
thebabbster said:
Lab, split a room with someone and stay with the group.
Definitely. I believe thebabbster, rickbb and violette will all be solo travelers open to splitting.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts