Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part of the fun of owning a bike is the sharing of tips, mods, or helping others to develop their skills as well. This is especially true in the winter months when riding is less frequent. I have enjoyed my time with the Honda Shadow site and the sense of community and interactive among the folks here. Upon my recent purchase of a Kawasaki Vulcan, was eager to do the same in the Vulcan forum.

However, if there was a site for the walking dead motorcycle group, it would have to be on that site. I posted a discussion about heat sides, received about 70 looks, but no response. Posted a discussion about risers, have 22 looks so far, no responses. Hell, it seems the most active portion of the site is the hello the new guys and then they disappear into the walking dead as well. It has put a damper on my Vulcan purchase, but I guess I will just ride along, lol. Yes, I am trying to keep things lite but do want to remind folks to appreciate what you have here. We have a community, and like brothers and sisters may occasionally have a fluff up, but we stick to the common goal of helping and sharing with each other.

· Registered
4,833 Posts
Which Vulcan forum are you on? I go to this one regularly: Kawasaki Vulcan Forum : Vulcan Forums

But you are correct that it is not as active as this one. And I have found that the amount of useful technical info there is fairly limited. It seems that Vulcan owners (maybe like most cruiser owners?) are more interested in bling than mechanical stuff...more stylin' than fixin'.

By contrast you could ask how to do a complete engine rebuild on the V-Strom forum and get pages of detailed responses from those who have done it. With pics.

· Registered
471 Posts
In the end...HONDA>Kawasaki :p hahahaha!

Also, it all depends on the people of the forum. I belong to many other automotive and motorcycle forums and sometimes it just dies...especially now that people are creating a lot of facebook pages...Forums seem to take the side view.

· Registered
4,833 Posts

· Registered
549 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you guys. I still have my Honda but was planning on selling it and my 150 scooter to free of space in the garage. The one side is getting crowded with three bikes and a John Deere.

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Registered
4,833 Posts
+1000 I have that page bookmarked and refer to it often
There is a lot of stuff on that site that would apply to marques other than Kawasaki. I would urge everyone to take a look for some cool DIY ideas.

· Registered
139 Posts
I started out on suzukisavage.com last May when I got back into riding after many years with my new-to-me 06 Suzuki S40 Boulevard. The folks there are very helpful and knowledgeable. The cam chain tensioner dating back even to the 80s is a known problem Suzuki refuses to address, so a very handy member in California sells a modded one that welds an extra piece on with a second hole so you can get full use out of the chain...and it's pinned so when it's at full stretch it won't grenade the engine. I've put over 11 000 miles on the S40 since last May--it's American--and over 15 000 kms on my 06 Spirit 1100 since the end of June, this year. I love both forums and am still enjoying the heck out of both bikes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.