Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
I am curious to known if the older models of Honda shadow i.e vt 750 -2000 to 2004 models still manufactured after 2014.

·
Registered
109 Posts
According to .com and .co.uk websites they don't.
For the look of it Honda nowadays only makes a handful of models

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Honda still makes the Honda Shadow Aero and the Shadow Phantom. Both are 750 V-Twins, very similar to the 2000-2004 models. I do not know if they are marketed and sold outside of the USA.

Reactions: mulindism

·
Registered
1991 VT600 VLX
77 Posts
Honda still makes the Honda Shadow Aero and the Shadow Phantom. Both are 750 V-Twins, very similar to the 2000-2004 models. I do not know if they are marketed and sold outside of the USA.
Euro4 and now Euro5 emission regulations killed a lot of models in EU.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Euro4 and now Euro5 emission regulations killed a lot of models in EU.
I appreciate and respect the environment. That said, those regulations, if specific to bikes, were probably created by non-riders...I understand but it's unfortunate the impact it can have.

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,243 Posts
The Euro regulations cover all kinds of vehicles, new bikes are now Euro5 as of this year, IIRC cars are now Euro6.
One way or another most of the developed world adopts these same standards under different names with the exception of the US.
Remember how Europe got fuel injected 750 Shadows in 2007 and the US didn't get them to 2010.
The 750 Shadows disappeared from the rest of the world in I think 2017, but still linger on in the US.
I think the Shadows were too old tech and probably not selling enough to make an update worthwhile for Honda.
It is not necessarily a V-Twin thing as Suzuki still sells the SV650 and Vstrom in Europe, although I hear replacement parallel twin rumors, but that seems to be causing a bit of resistance amongst fans, so Suzuki may continue dealing with the added costs of V-twin compliance for at least a while. Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha seem to all be committed to the cheaper to produce and make comply inline engines.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Can’t even get them in Canada as of a few years ago. The lineup finally has a cruiser again with the Rebel, but I think buyers were going more to the Yamaha and Suzuki models, if they weren’t just buying Harley or Indian.

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
3,243 Posts
Honda's Canadian offerings, in fact Japanese bikes as a whole, are typically the same as the European and/or the Japanese offerings (except for stickers) rather than the USA market bikes with the different regulations and mph on the dials. Other than NOS the Shadows disappeared from everywhere on earth except the USA a few years back I think it was the emissions thing that got them.
The 2021 models of the Phantom, Aero and Aero ABS are still available in the USA, which probably means one could import one into Canada if one really, really, really wanted to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts