Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cause i think i might have one. I'm wondering if I might need to get new mirrors cause one is facing the wrong way after replacing the clutch lever.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
The nut on the end might be stuck.

Or maybe washers will get it tight at the right spot...

·
Premium Member
7,686 Posts
Ok, now I get it. Soak the threaded end in penetrating oil, hold it firmly, and put a wrench on it. It's just seized on the threads.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've never seen one without a nut. It should be there against the casting. crack it back and spin the mirror shaft. Counter clockwise loosens.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Next time you're somewhere that sells it. Get yourself a can pf PB Blaster. It's not the best but it's one you can find easily. WD40 is really good stuff for a lot of things including what you just used it for, but PB Blaster goes a little farther in breaking loose rusted, corroded hardware. I keep both around.

·
Premium Member
7,686 Posts
Just found a pic of your pic in the member intro. You ought to post a pic of your bike in your signature. That way when you make a post with a problem, people know what they're dealing with. Glad you got it squared away. I've had one break off in the perch before. A real PITA to fix.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I got it fixed. Just had to spray a little wd 40 on it.
So that damn nut on the stem actually moves?? I've been trying for eons to adjust the mirrors by turning the NUT, to no avail, alas.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Next time you're somewhere that sells it. Get yourself a can pf PB Blaster. It's not the best but it's one you can find easily. WD40 is really good stuff for a lot of things including what you just used it for, but PB Blaster goes a little farther in breaking loose rusted, corroded hardware. I keep both around.
PB Blaster, or Kano Kroil.

And as Dad useta say, "Well, you put some on it. Now go leave it alone til morning before you go back to messing with it!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts