Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of the Memphis Shades “Big Shot” Shield on a 2005 Spirit 1100?
Do any of you have experience with it? Wind protection? The curse of buffeting?
While i have been focusing on the Memphis Fats as the windshield to buy, I just noticed the “Big Shot”.

I just removed my Hondaline cruiser windshield and it seems nice to ride without it. Less turbulence,
but I do want the option of protection from wind and flying debris....
(I’m 5’11” and have the Mustang vintage wide touring seat if that matters.)

·
Registered
590 Posts
pixelpusher said:
What do you think of the Memphis Shades “Big Shot” Shield on a 2005 Spirit 1100?
Do any of you have experience with it? Wind protection? The curse of buffeting?
While i have been focusing on the Memphis Fats as the windshield to buy, I just noticed the “Big Shot”.

I just removed my Hondaline cruiser windshield and it seems nice to ride without it. Less turbulence,
but I do want the option of protection from wind and flying debris....
(I’m 5’11” and have the Mustang vintage wide touring seat if that matters.)
pixelpusher, I have the "big shot" MS on my 02 1100 Spirit and have had for over 13,000 miles. I went with this shield for looks at first because I thought the "fats" was over powering on the 1100. IMOP. I think, IMOP, you will get head buffing with ANY windshield at some speed. Now my story; after riding for a while with said shield and not being able to read road signs @ 60mph I went with a set of lowers from MS. They did not help at all. Why? They were not long/tall enought to close the gap between shield and lowers. i thought I would FIX that. I made lowers out of Plex that were about 2 to 2 1/2" longer than stock lowers. Worked MUCH better and was very happy with being able to read signs at hwy. speeds. :wink: Then, I wanted a light bar. lowers would not work with bar so I removed lowers, head buffing is back, but not as bad as before w/o light bar. Damn, I need to stop drinking when I post! Bottom line; you will get some wind buffing with any shield by itself, but do you want to look cool when you have your Shield on ? The Big Shot is close to the Hell Cat. My Big Shot is the 21" and I`m about 5 10 with Mustang wide, to follow your lead. :wink:

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have the bigshot on my spirit 1100. By moving it up so air could get in around the headlight, i reduced the buffeting significantly.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
As they rebuild my bike, I have had them put on the MS slim 17”. It can’t be worse then what I had that was also 17”. I only suffer from buffeting at 85+ and that is my indicator that I got to slow down. I am 6 foot tall with the normal stock seat. I will let you know how it pans out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts