Honda Shadow Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
Meganstar said:
Interesing, I just went to Arkansas on a business trip and thought it was gorgeous going through the mountains. I came home and told my hubby that we needed to get down there to ride. Never thought about the helmet issue though. I guess I don't since I always wear one.
We've got some of the best riding you can imagine. :D
I belong to another forum & we have a rally in Eureka Springs AR. every July. You more than welcome to join us. Let me know if you want more information.

Just saw on the news that the dingbat, Sen. Kim Hendren, that is trying to push this through in Arkansas claims to be getting death threats over this issue. Guess it has some of the hardcores a little stirred up. I don't see the need to have someone else tell me whats good for me, I think I can make my own decisions. So, call, write, or email your representative and let them know how you feel.
Arspirit

Wouldn't bother me much as I wear a helmet anyway. I have a friend who will is all jacked up with a head injury after wrecking his harley. He will never ride again & can barely talk or walk. He will probobly end up in a care home. Bones heal, brains don't as a rule.

gotopage69 said:
Motorcycle helmet bill fails in Ark. Senate committee

The bill, by Sen. Kim Hendren, R-Gravette, ran into the same opposition that similar bills have faced since the state repealed its motorcycle helmet law in 1997. Only two members of the Senate Transportation Committee voted for the bill Monday.

http://ap.thecabin.net/pstories/state/ar/20070213/147551324.shtml
Yeah! sometimes the saftey nazis lose! This is how its supposed to be. I can't believe we still live in the same country I learned about in school. Freedom isn't free, and more and more it's beginning to look like a fast-fading mirage here in the USA.

No it wouldn't prevent me from visiting that state.

I live in Iowa which has no helmet law, and work in Nebraska that has teh helmet law.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.