Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to offend our Canandian friends, but I wish they would keep their Alberta Clippers and Artic Blasts in Canada. Here in Ohio for the next few days, we have -15 to -25 degree wind chill factors! Its cold enough to freeze the nuts off a brass bridge!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
negative 4 degrees in detroit with out the wind chill. any body want to hit the express way for a quick ride.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Texas Style

I guess Ya'll don't want to hear about our high 60s down here in Texas.
Come on down we have plenty of roads.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't mind the cold temperatures so much.........it's that "Wind Chill Factor" that really bothers me! Don't know why someone had to discover that stuff......it's rough on people, pets, other animals, etc.! :?

When I was a kid and the Weatherman said "30 degrees" that's what it was. Now with that crazy "Wind Chill Factor" figured in a person could freeze to death at 30 degrees! :shock:

Sometimes you just have to laugh at things and keep on going! Be sure to bundle-up real good, but keep on going! :lol: :)

$0.02

·
Registered
156 Posts
webby said:
Here in Ohio for the next few days, we have -15 to -25 degree wind chill factors! Its cold enough to freeze the nuts off a brass bridge!!
Hell, that's our air temp in the mornings.
Yesterday the high was -5, today it might make it to zero. :)
It'll all be over in about 6 weeks anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Texas Style

austinopa said:
I guess Ya'll don't want to hear about our high 60s down here in Texas.
Come on down we have plenty of roads.
NO WE DONT WANNA HEAR ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,222 Posts
Just remember how welcome those Canadian high pressure systems will be come August! (I wanted to post "Canadian Highs" but figured more than a few folks would think of something different.:D )

Just so you Texans know, that's when those of us living in Michigan complain about all the hot, muggy air coming from the Gulf of Mexico. :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
-5F actual with wind chills of -20 here in Akron, OH this morning. I'll get a ride in on Thursday - when it's supposed to be low 20s and clear.

·
Registered
296 Posts
-21°F air temp in Northfield last night, currently -5°F.

Think maybe I'll take the cage to work this week.

-K

·
Registered
151 Posts
hang on halfcent.....
an islander is saying suck it up??? it's 10 degrees there!!!
at least it's -10 here...but I think it's kinda balmy.

·
Registered
10,171 Posts
Maybe the USA could build a very tall wall seperating our country from Canada just to keep out their cold air...... :roll:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Guys you know that cold are is really coming from the US.
Remember Alaska?
We're just kind of the highway that brings it down to you. Yeah thats the story. :roll:

·
Registered
658 Posts
xrayr said:
Maybe the USA could build a very tall wall seperating our country from Canada just to keep out their cold air...... :roll:
xrayr, I'd vote for you for President on that one issue alone.

Brilliant!! :lol:

·
Registered
749 Posts
As the song goes "the weather outside is frightful". It's actually starting to warm up out this way. Forecast for temps in the mid 40's next few days. I saw two bikers out yesterday.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts