Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a hubcap in the road a wile back. It cut a hunk on rubber out of my back tire and I thought that was all it did. When I was doing my 3,000 mile oil change this weekend I came to the oil filter part. The hub cap had hit the filter and flattened out the bottom of the filter so my filter wrench could not get a grip on it. I went to NAPA to see if they had a small enough strap wrench for the filter. They didn't but they did have an oil filter pier for small filters. It's the ATD - 5240 Oil Filter Pliers.

Well, I wanted to tell you guys that this thing worked great! It was so easy getting that filter off that for now on I'll will be taking off filters with this. It chews into the sides of the filter and doesn't take "NO" for an answer. The handles are nice and long and it's easy to do a "ratcheting" action on the filter with them.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Wonderful tip there, Amish. So far I've dodged the dreaded "difficult-to-remove-oil-filter" problem. But knowing such a thing is out there is nice to know.

Here's a tip in return: when you want to get stubborn bugs off your windscreen, soak a towel in water and drape it across your screen. Let it sit for 20 or so minutes. Then wipe it with a microfiber and hit it with the Lemon Pledge. The towel will soak those little buggers off nicely.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
AmishWarlord said:
How did you know I have bugs on my windscreen? You been watching me or something? LOL
The hills have eyes, my friend. You're being watched. :)

Actually, the towel thing is something I read somewhere else. I tried it today and was amazed at how well it worked. I just wanted to share it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.