Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there was any interest of organizing an "Indiana" ride for sometime next summer? I counted at least 15 shadow owners from our Hoosier state here on the forum. I bet there are more than that though. My thought was to start the ride at one end of the state and plan a route all the way through the state. Riders can join the ride and any point and pull out at any point. We could have "scheduled" stops at "scheduled" times and places along the route so riders would know where we will be at any given time so they could join the ride. Ride as far as you want....leave whenever you want. Take the time at scheduled stops to meet each other and look at each others bikes.

I suppose we could "allow" other shadow owners from other states to join us if someone wanted to.

Any interest?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I was wondering if there was any interest of organizing an "Indiana" ride for sometime next summer? I counted at least 15 shadow owners from our Hoosier state here on the forum. I bet there are more than that though. My thought was to start the ride at one end of the state and plan a route all the way through the state. Riders can join the ride and any point and pull out at any point. We could have "scheduled" stops at "scheduled" times and places along the route so riders would know where we will be at any given time so they could join the ride. Ride as far as you want....leave whenever you want. Take the time at scheduled stops to meet each other and look at each others bikes.

I suppose we could "allow" other shadow owners from other states to join us if someone wanted to.

Any interest?
May be moving. Not sure yet. But if I'm still here in Indiana by summer, I'm in.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
955 Posts
I was wondering if there was any interest of organizing an "Indiana" ride for sometime next summer?
I may be interested... it would probably depend on the route. I have become very accustomed to riding to Nashville/Brown County on the weekends and would hate to give it up since it's such a great ride. Hmmm...maybe that route could be part of the ride!

Here is another idea that I would also be interested in...
For the last few years, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway has hosted the Red Bull Indianapolis Moto GP and will host it again in 2014.
During the weekend of the event, the city of Indianapolis allows Meridian Street to be closed and occupied with motorcycle enthusiasts. It is called "Motorcycles on Meridian" (Flickr) (YouTube)
ALL types of bikes are present but it tends to be heavy with Harley's and sport bikes.
I think it would be good to have a presence of Shadow riders, and it would be even better if we could get Shadow riders from outside Indiana to come as well.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I started this thread but I really have not worked on planning anything just yet. I have been noting the names of other members here that I see are from Indiana. I've counted about 22 so far think. I should probably try sending pm's to everyone to see if they want to participate. I would also like to know more exactly where everyone lives so that a route could be mapped out to get near as many members as possible. I'll try to get a plan together in the next few weeks. If anyone has ideas for this please feel free to speak up. I'm not the boss here. I'm just a guy with a bike looking to make a few new friends and ride. Let's make this happen!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes that would indeed be helpful. We could also use that map to help decide which route would be best for most everyone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would be interested but as I said in my introduction post, I am a new rider September of 2013. I want to get more riding undermy belt before I join a ride. I think including the brown county nashville run would be a must from what everyone says about it.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
i may join from michigan if I'm allowed lol and one of my buddys may join he's on a sporty so please forgive him. but depending on time/day and route i may join
Hey, the more the merrier. I don't care what anyone rides. I guess I really need to try to come up with a date to do this. There is no way to find a date that will fit everyone's schedule so probably the best thing to do is just pick a weekend and go from there. I for one want to make sure the weather is warmer so I'm thinking like maybe the first Saturday or Sunday in June????? Anyone care to comment on that date???

Hey guys/gals if your even half way interested in this speak up. Your not locked into anything. This is just a day to get out and ride and maybe meet people and look at each others bikes.

So what say you........June 7th or 8th????????????

The plan is to start somewhere at the northern state line and ride south through the state to the southern state line. Join in when you want...leave when you want. The group that starts the ride may not be the same group that end the ride.
One end to the other is about 350 miles. Give or take.

Oh for those of you who are not sure if you have the experience to do this or not....I have never ridden more than 50 miles at any one time myself so it will be an adventure for me as well.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
i would say a sunday would be better for most people because i know like me and a lot of others have to work on saturdays. sundays are for the most part a lot of peoples day off. ill keep updated on here when there is a for sure day and start point i more than likely would love to come out. how about west to east? that way maybe more michigan people and ohio people can come. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
maybe also have people that are wanting to join in on this ride post a couple different weekends they are for sure free (i know not everything is 100%) but if everyone post a couple weekends that they are all free then you can pick the weekend that is best for most of the people based on free days for the majority. and would this be rain or shine?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rain or shine?????? Are you crazy? Who rides in the rain? Ha Ha.
Well I would prefer shine. Rain would not be much fun now would it?

I too would prefer a Sunday.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I must be crazy lol I ride rain or shine dont matter. Rode 370 miles of the BRP in a down pour fog so thick coulnt see 2 feet in front of you. What a blast. But anyway I say figure out at least 2-3 different routes and 2-3 different weekends have everyone interested vote and pick the route and day based on the vote.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The weekend I took the MSC it rained real hard. Thunder and lightning while inside taking the class then the next day riding in the pouring rain. It was not fun. I bought a cheap Wally-world rain suit to use for the class. The paint leg kept getting caught on the shifter and ripped away the first 10 minutes. Spent the rest of the day soaked to the bone. Not fun.
Well anyway....we will hope for dry and sunny.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
The weekend I took the MSC it rained real hard. Thunder and lightning while inside taking the class then the next day riding in the pouring rain. It was not fun. I bought a cheap Wally-world rain suit to use for the class. The paint leg kept getting caught on the shifter and ripped away the first 10 minutes. Spent the rest of the day soaked to the bone. Not fun.
Well anyway....we will hope for dry and sunny.
Lmao thats sounds kinda funny I can piture it now you on a bike yellow rain poncho. But no being wet sucks. Thats why I got some nice rain gear. I would suggest when picking different dates to check those dates for the past 2-3 years to see what the weather was like that may help on picking the best days to vote on if you choose to do a voting style route/day set up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
HoosierDave from Terre Haute, here. I would love to join the ride! I have a really jacked-up work schedule, but I have most Sundays free. It would be great to get some seat time with either of my girls (daughter or girlfriend) and see some more of this great state.
If there's going to be a pit stop anywhere near here, I will join up if I can. Keep the info coming, boys and girls! I like this idea!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Dave. Great! I saw you on here the other day but wasn't for sure where you were from. I figured with that name you must be from here but didn't see a location in profile. I've been trying to gather names of anyone I see from Indiana. There is a good group. I've noted about 25. I will add your town to the map. Feel free to jump in with any suggestions on how to help make this happen.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts