Honda Shadow Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,318 Posts
Well, THAT might be over-dramatizing it a little bit. See vehicles with their signals on all the time. Never really noticed it being a life-threatening safety hazard… 🤔
Really?

And I think you are being too macho to continue to think self canceling turn signals aren't needed. We have less restraints/laws in the USA regarding who can possess a driver's license though California is definitely an exception in all levels law making. ;) Speedo being off by as much 7% is another peeve also. Both these items are annoyances to other drivers thus causes them to do stupid impatient maneuvers. Like I said we have enough on plate riding w/o this lack of engineering on Honda's part. Other drivers and road construction/conditions here are worst they been in years.

·
Registered
'83 VT750C; ‘21 SV650A
3,433 Posts
And I think you are being too macho to continue to think self canceling turn signals aren't needed. We have less restraints/laws in the USA regarding who can possess a driver's license though California is definitely an exception in all levels law making. ;) Speedo being off by as much 7% is another peeve also. Both these items are annoyances to other drivers thus causes them to do stupid impatient maneuvers. Like I said we have enough on plate riding w/o this lack of engineering on Honda's part. Other drivers and road construction/conditions here are worst they been in years.
California vs Nova Scotia? You have NO idea when it comes to road conditions and bad drivers! And I’ve been to SoCal a few times driving. We’ve got you beat! You just have more OF them… Not macho, just old school. It wouldn’t matter how ‘safe’ the cars are, “Idiot-proof? There will always be a bigger idiot…” I’m not against bringing classic bikes up to modern status, but it’s seldom worth the time and effort for the return you’ll get.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,318 Posts
I was referring to the ease to get a license in CA. The road condition I was referring to was IN. I'm old school and I still think its assnine to it not be mandantory. BTW I use a back off brake modulator thats a very good warning system also. Sorry I guess THAT saying "old school" would have been more appropriate. ;)

·
Registered
'83 VT750C; ‘21 SV650A
3,433 Posts
The test to get your license in the ‘city’ here can be tough, but mostly just hit and miss depending on inconsistencies between testers. What most people do is take an hour drive to ‘the country’, and take a test that is basically driving around a country road and backing into a parking space. Bang… License. Many that live in those areas refuse to drive in Halifax because of the crazy traffic and drivers. The traffic isn’t a patch on what I’ve seen in major US or even larger Canadian cities! As an example of road conditions, about two or three years ago someone had their motorcycle engine TORN OFF OF THE BIKE, because the road was so bad! That’s an extreme example, but when people in the Southern US point out ‘horrible potholes’ to me, I can’t help but laugh. We can plant trees in ours… 😄

·
Registered
467 Posts
I helped someone on here build an HUD to project a bright flashing light onto their windshield to alert them the turn signal was on. It simply replaced the OEM flasher with a two pole flasher to also flash the remote HUD light.
Wood Measuring instrument Camera accessory Wood stain Rectangle

I personally have gotten about 95% effective at remembering to turn them off.

Reactions: PhantomRider64

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
5,216 Posts
Interesting. I'm familure with the ST2 @h13man is talking about and it would be nice to have self canceling signals. My old 1980 yammy XS400 was self canceling from the factory. I believe it was on a timer. My Wing is self canceling (lean activated) but the Shadow is not. I've caught myself riding the Shadow with the signal on cause I'm used to the Wing and I'm lucky no one has made a move in front of me thinking I was actually going to turn. Personally I like the idea to be able to make our Shadows self cancel. But price and ease of installation play a big part. JMHO

21 - 30 of 30 Posts