Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We and another couple left our house just northeast of Birmingham, Alabama, at 8 yesterday morning headed for The Dragon (US 129 along the TN/NC border). We went interstate 59/24/75 up there... got off at Sweetwater, TN, and took 68/411/72 to 129 on the TN side. This was my first time on The Dragon. I'm not a big risk taker, so, although I pushed enough to have fun, I was never in any danger of wrecking. However, even though I had that mindset, within the first 1/4 mile we saw a lady down in the road with her Road King smashed into a cliff on a hairpin. THAT made me even more careful!! However, by the time we were about halfway through, I was pushing along pretty well. We stopped at Deal's Gap for lunch and souvenirs, then took Moonshiner 28 to Robbinsville, NC (it was actually a LOT more fun) and the Cherohala Skyway (a LOT more fun). At Tellico Plains we jumped on 68 down to 64 along the Ocoee (68 is a BLAST) then to Cleveland, TN and home on the interstate. With sightseeing, eating, resting, fuel, pictures, riding, resting, etc., we got back home at 12:30 this morning... 16.5 hours, mostly in the saddle, and almost 600 miles. Looks like I'm already ready for that Ironbutt ride I'm doing the second weekend in October!!

My big old T did great... the more I ride it the happier I am that I got it. Oh, and Mustang seats rule!! LOLOL...

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
glad ya had a good ride! the T is an awesome machine!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Great roads you rode on. Been on those many times and love it there. That T is a sweet looking ride glad you had a good time on the Dragon, I agree Moonshiner 28 and Cherohala are more fun!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great roads you rode on. Been on those many times and love it there. That T is a sweet looking ride glad you had a good time on the Dragon, I agree Moonshiner 28 and Cherohala are more fun!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way... just NO scenery on The Dragon, and no chance to look at it if there was... that = no fun for me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts