Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a nice b-day prsent today,,a speeding tickit on the bike,,80 in a 65,,anybody have 205.00 dollars i can borrow?

I was cruisin up I27,not really paying attention to how fast i was going, there was a pickup beside me,,next thing ya know we meet a motorcycle cop on the interstate,,like a dumbbutt i wave at it,,then i realized what it was,,looked down i'm doing 80,,I said to myself,,he will be back in a minute,,sure enough i'm lookin in the rear view mirror and see him coming,,i had slowed down to about 60 at the point,,he went around me and pulled up beside the pickup and motioned for him to pull over,,i thought did i get out of it,then he turns around and motions for me to follow him,,and i said well i guess he got me. he was watching me like a hawk,,i guess he thought i was going to take off..hope you all are haveing as nice of a day as i am...but at least i got to ride today.

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,379 Posts
Wow, really bad luck!

Don't know about the US, but here in Blighty if you get caught for speeding not only do you get a fine but also points on your license. If too many points are accrued then your license is revoked and you can be required to take a fresh driving test.

But the killer is that the Insurance companies stiff you with higher premiums for something which has caused no actual damage or suffering to anyone else.

Luckily, any points can only sit on a license for a maximum of 3 years. I have three at the moment, but it was an honest mistake, officer :wink:

Collector

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here we can do what is called deferred adjudication . basically your pleading guilty,,and putting yourself on probation for 90 days,,and it keeps the tickit from going on your driving record,,and the insurance never sees it,,so that is what i will be doing.

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,379 Posts
lubbock_tx_m said:
Here we can do what is called deferred adjudication . basically your pleading guilty,,and putting yourself on probation for 90 days,,and it keeps the tickit from going on your driving record,,and the insurance never sees it,,so that is what i will be doing.
We are legally bound to declare any convictions as they occur. If we don't, insurance can be invalidated just when you might need it. And we all know what straight up and fine examples of humanity insurance companies are, don't we?

Collector

·
Registered
61 Posts
Firstly, Happy Birthday

Bad luck, and I know how you feel. My wife and I did a 5 day tip between Christmas and New Year and today a summons arrived in the post for speeding. Caught on a camera doing 71kms in a 60 area, O how I strongly dislike the traffic authorities who play at speed policing when thosands die on our roads in unroadworthy cages

Rgds,

Kevan

·
Registered
457 Posts
Glücklicher Geburtstag zu Ihnen!
Glücklicher Geburtstagliebster!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I feel your pain...on my B'day 12/28 my furnace went out...cost me $260.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Happy Birthday from New MExico! My daughter Tori shares the day with you. She just turned six. Guess it's time to get her a helmet for around town rides now.

·
Registered
249 Posts
JTravis1973 said:
Happy Birthday from New MExico! My daughter Tori shares the day with you. She just turned six. Guess it's time to get her a helmet for around town rides now.
That'll be COOL,she'll enjoy that.

My youngest got her 1st ride at 6,she's 27 now.I still have the picture she drew of her & me on the bike, for show & tell @ school.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts