Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a new set of Dunlop D404's on the bike today. Total cost installed on the bike was $290. I could have saved some money and taken the wheels off myself but I just decided to let somebody else do all the work.

I don't really have a riding impression of them yet since all I did was ride about 3 miles home in a light rain.

· Registered
144 Posts
Sweet

Good deal. I have an opointment for Friday to have new treads put on mine. I went with metzlers. I got a heck of a deal on a new rear tire of ebay. The guy listed and stated he bought the wrong size. I offered him a few dollars and he excepted. Brand new 200/70/15 $100.00. That was way cheaper than anywhere else I could find. The front cost me a little more, but I still think I ended up ahead on the deal.

Let me know what you think, I would be curious to see if you feel any diffrence.

JP

· Registered
688 Posts
Tires

I just had Maxxis tires put on my "02 SS 750, have about 800 miles on them.... man do i like them. I had a Dunlop on the front and a Bridgestone on the rear (that's what the previous owner had on). I upsized and I really noticed a difference in ride and handling. I bought them on-line and had the local shop install them... they charged $25 a tire because i didn't buy them from them.... thing is I asked them for a price on the exact same tires as i bought on the internet.... the one was $55 dollars more and the rear was $75 more... so I saved around $80 even with the upcharge. If they would have been within $25 a tire I would have bought them from the dealer.

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.