Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am back from picking up the 89'Sporty I won on eBay for $3150.00,the dealership was awesome and very nice folks,I drove there(810 miles) Friday and went to the dealership Saturday morning. -13 degrees there,BEEERRRRR :!: it's been that cold here also though :cry:
Anyway while they were doing up my paperwork I was looking around,some amazing bikes and they had a row of 06's on clearance :oops: I went for 1 and came back with 2 and made it back Sunday morning total trip leaving PA Friday at 11:00 am and returned Sunday at 10:00 am after spending 6 hours at the HD shop Saturday :shock: 1650 ish miles & the bud I brought had never drove with a trailer and with the weather and my bikes I wasn't about to teach him :x
So I will be selling my VLX for payoff if anyone is interested it has 3195 miles on it and new Cobra's and a dyno stage 1 jet kit that has to be installed for $4200-4300 ish :oops:
I know I'll get some flack for my choice here but I care less what you ride!Just ride!My womens B-day is on the 12th and she wanted a Harley so bad so she got the used 1 and needless to say she freaked out! (in the good way) :D Way to cold to ride plus all the snow & ice :cry:
Was real busy after the days off from work today but got them off the trailer and took a couple quick pics:

huge screaming eagle carb on it!

and the pic on the wall in Waukon,Iowa,I was still in shock that I bought it :p

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx,I am so ready to ride I can't sleep :cry: Please someone send me some warmer weather!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Congrats on the new rides. (For both of you...)

I feel like that guy in the Harley commercial from a year or two back...
"Yeah, it was between the Harley and the new dining set. Harley... Dining set... Went with the dining set."

Only for me the choice was "Motorcycle...Finish the basement...Went with finish the basement."
Had to keep my better half happy, ya know.

So I ended up with the "Free" bike you see below. Someday I'll move up.

Someday.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats on the new bikes. You are a salesmans dream. I can just hear the sale person in the coffee room saying ya I had a guy come in to pick up a used bike and he left with the used one plus a new one, I think I will take my missus out for pizza tonight.
Jeff

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Good thing the dealership wasn't for sale :lol: Congratulations and many happy miles of riding.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi cmhdiamond,

Did you get her going yet?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey thanks all,I can't wait to get out riding,I guess I'm keeping the Shadow also,a couple months back when I wanted to buy a bigger Shadow and trade it in the bank told them the pay-off was $4100 and I call today and they tell me it's $4700 so I think I'm getting boned by my bank so I'm just gonna keep it and give it to my son for his 16th B-day :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts