Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this backrest off Ebay and am having the darnedest time putting it on. There were no instruction when it arrived. It says it'll fit a 2005 Shadow 750 Aero! Trying to see if anyone has an installation sheet or some advice.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I have the cobra backrest/parcel rack and mustang seat, what i do is loosely fasten the bottom two bolts and tilt back the backrest. Then i put on the seat and swing the backrest up, reposition the parcel rack and add and tighten the bolts.

Dingo.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
This is a shot in the dark, but that back rest/ luggage rack looks like the one I have on my VLX.

Is your problem with the assembly or the attachment to the bike?

Mine arrived with no instructions, either. I emailed the vendor asking for info on the assembly/attachment and the reply was, from a person who's first language was definitely not English: "The bolts go in the holes."
:roll: :D

Thanks a freakin' lot. :mad:

In my case, the assembly was easy enough to figure out, but the rack wouldn't attach to the bike because, as it turned out, the bolts on the rail just weren't long enough. Simple as that. A trip to the hardware store was all that was needed.

(I'm still using it. It's the same rack in my signature pic with a sissy bar bag on it that I use when I'm traveling far and away.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. Menhir, I think that's the problem. With the addition of the saddle bag support and the rail for the backrest I'm going to have to make a hardware store run. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Thanks for your replies. Menhir, I think that's the problem. With the addition of the saddle bag support and the rail for the backrest I'm going to have to make a hardware store run. Thanks guys!
Could you post a pic or two of your bike please, maybe a few closeups of the problem zone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts