Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2005 Spirit 750, chain driven, stock front sprocket, 38 tooth in the rear, Vance & Hines exhaust, K&N air filter, fuel adjustment screw was turned 1/2 turn to get the popping out. With or without windshield I'm getting 43 mpg. My cousin's Yamaha 1100 and uncle's gigantor Harley gets 43 mpg. I really thought I would get better than that. Anything I can do to get better?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Have you rejetted?????? Are the baffles in the pipes????

·
Registered
423 Posts
Keep your tires properly inflated? My rear tire holds pressure good but my front always looses a couple pounds after several weeks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Baffles are in, hasn't been rejetted. Will that help? I keep an eye on the tire pressure.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Yes, proper jetting will help.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can check the plugs when I get home. I keep forgetting about them. New air filter about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
on my 04 aero 750(for sale) i'm gettin' 55-65 mpg.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: U know that made me laugh my a$$ off
i wish i could afford both the aero and the vtx, but i'm only 19 years old(almost 20) and i just can't afford both of them.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
My Brides Spirit 750, Not for sale:p, gets 50-55 regularly with 41 tooth rear, regular air filter and stockish exhaust.
Coop

·
Registered
274 Posts
I drive fairly hard. Get 45 MPG ish. I bought it to have fun though, not to save money haha

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
My Mileage drops the more I twist the throttle.Low mileage 44mpg and High 62.4 so there is a big difference there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts