Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought home a 20001 Shadow ACE, it is amazing but I already know I have to get rid of the Cobra Shot Guns. But doing so is not all that easy as you well know. I have to find a stock that fits, or baffle the cobra pipes. Then I think I have to re jet. Does anyone have experience with baffles. Hopefully it would be the easiest solution.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Why do you NEED to get rid of them?

·
Super Moderator
6,530 Posts
Try to find a set of baffles first. It's cheaper than replacing the pipes and you might not like the sound of the stock pipes (unless you like the sound of a Singer sewing machine.)

You'll need to measure the inside diameter of your pipes to determine what size baffles you need. I would highly recommend the KhromeWerks HP Plus baffles. They sound awesome, not too loud but give a nice, deep rumble. They're designed to provide good back pressure and still be high flowing for improved performance throughout the whole power band.

I have them in my Cobra LowBoys (on a 750AC) and love them!

Exhaust Accessories

Phil

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a shadow spirit 750 with V&H (baffles out). It sounds awesome but gets a little old on longer rides. I am planning on putting the baffles back in sometime during the spring with no re-jetting. We will see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts